Egluntyne

Snow 2011/2012 - post about it here :-)

We had an inch here but the main roads are open, paths still dicey though. The chickens and cats hate it but the dogs go mental, snuffling like truffle hounds! R's school is open.

It's due to clear and be brighter by lunchtime, so more slush I guess :roll: my folks in Herts have had a good couple of inches, and Pops - who is 80 tomorrow - is moaning that he's only just cleared the last lot off their drive (which is on a hill) I have told him to take it easy, which he won't!

2 inches here in deepest Dorking, Surrey. Lethal this morning, both from the snow on the ice making it very slippery and the chickens. The girls looked at me this morning as if to say "Not this stuff again"...I am sure Chief Chicken, Darthveda is blaming me....the GLARE I got was evil! Good news is, it is melting, so hopefully the wretched stuff will be on its way out....although it will be very icy again tonight I expect.

Still snow here which is now rock hard.

The hens have stood glumly at the end of their run or under the field shelter for nearly a week now :(

Three ventured on top of the run and slipped about on the tarp for a while.

Still getting four or five eggs a day though.

Flash sleeps in palatial warmth in the cellar. I feel quite brutal throwing him out into the snow at seven in the morning but he scoots round to the open run to get his wing over before breakfast :lol: