Egluntyne

Snow 2011/2012 - post about it here :-)

We've had heavy showers of hail, sleet and sloppy snow here today and the wind has been bitter. It was so windy during one heavy shower that it blew the rain under our front door at work - we're in an old Victorian Gothic building and the door is a solid 10cm thick with a beautifully tiled floor inside, the latter was awash with a big puddle when i went downstairs. :roll:

Snow forecast for us Tuesday and Wednesday, up to 10cm :roll: I have got the snow shovel ready and have taken my thermals out of the vacuum storage bag, log baskets have been restocked and gloves, hats and scarves are ready and waiting. I figure if I get all this Winter stuff ready the snow will not appear.

This time last week the temperatures were in the 20's, today has been very cold.

We have snow. It has been snowing steadily for about 4 hours and it is sticking. Olly Cat was very surprised when I let him out. He ran out of the door landed in the snow and ran straight back indoors. Rupert Cat came back home through the snow after being missing for four days. One very snowy Cat with icy cold paws. So thankful he is home.

How is the snow this morning Ali-S?

Chrissie

Woke up this morning to a couple of inches of snow. In town, further inland it was deeper. Snowed and hailed on and off all day but most of it has now melted. Lots of sledging children at the Castle today :D