Egluntyne

Snow 2011/2012 - post about it here :-)

OOOOer! Icing sugar falling from the sky now. ED noticed it when she went to shut the empty rabbit hutches up. (Yes rabbits have life made, living indoors...have made it for themselves as they were RSPCA rescues, one underfed and the other with too many bunnies!!!!! from someone who didn't realise they bred so quickly!

We're only 10 minutes from Karen but it has been snowing here since 2pm; light at first and rather wet, but it is coming thick and fast now and we have about an inch of snow on the ground.

My nesh lurchers are snuggled up under their blankest in front of the stove - they each had two coats on when we were out earlier.

[quote name="The Dogmother" been snowing here since 2pm; light at first and rather wet' date=' but it is coming thick and fast now and we have about an inch of snow on the ground.

[/quote]

Same here. Water brought in and chickens locked in eglu (first time in about a year!) I know I don't need to but I'm up early anyway so they may as well be that little bit warmer :wink::oops:

Our first flakes falling about 5.00pm and now an inch or so deep........OH bough cheap plastic sleds for the boys from Tesco earlier this week which they don't yet know about :lol: !! Would be nice if they could have a few hours enjoyment BUT weather forecast says snow till early hours then up to plus 2 in the day so presume that it will all have gone by Monday - tho I'm not on the school run lift share on Monday or Tuesday; my friend with a 4 by 4 is..ho,ho :P !

Well we are :vom: we have nothing here apart from rain...until yesterday we had all the work of frozen waters for chickens, ducks, horses etc, but non of the pleasure, saying that though, snow for a couple of days is bareable, then it becomes a pain with what it leaves behind, ice, slush, accidents etc.

we have had the finest of fine snow...sort of like snow drizzel.....but it has kept it up all afternoon and we have a coating of about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch...its cold out there. Chooks took themselves to bed early and Baggins the rooster did not do his usual door filling act where he sits hanging out of the door of the (cube orange) stopping anyone leaving...they were all tucked up snug except dopey and her friend who roost on top of the cube (I don't think she can do the steps with her tilty twisty head and bad balance

We must have about 3-4 " here and it's still snowing.

Yes same here. Not looking forward to trying to get to Leicester early tomorrow morning to judge archery tournament, the Tourment Organiser has just emailed to say he has slid his way home after setting up ready so Leicester roads must be rather iffy at the moment.

Chrissie

No snow here...just torrential rain tonight..not disappointed personally. ..although I did see one person with a snow shovel in their trolley in Tesco this afternoon and sadly another with an excited (then) six year old and a sledge..(hope they are planning to travel some distance tomorrow!) obviously they be foreigners to these parts because as we all know here when we do get snow it's usually nothing more than a light dusting or at most a nuisance for 24 hours before disappearing again.....

Popped out to a friend's house for the evening, all fine at 7.00 - after a while, someone said 'it's snowing' - but it looked very fine, light stuff. I was :shock: about an hour later to see their patio covered in about 1-2" of snow.

I then got a call from a friend to say that a journey which usually takes 20 minutes had taken him over an hour, and I might like to suggest to anyone at the party who'd come by car, to leave now. I did - and it fell on deaf ears, except for the girl who has a 20 mile journey. She kindly dropped me home, saving me a chilly walk, and conditions were not good - cars are stuck on my road, which is a fairly steep hill.

My poor sister, who is staying with me, went into central London this evening to go to the opera - I thought she'd be home before I was, but there's no sign of her and the Tubes are partly suspended. She doesn't carry a mobile phone, so I've no way of knowing where she is (and nothing I can do anyway). Think I'll be sitting up for a while though, I don't quite like to go bed till she's in. :anxious: