Alis girls Posted January 28, 2012 Share Posted January 28, 2012 Snow boots havent had an airing this year - boo hoo. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Luvachicken Posted January 28, 2012 Share Posted January 28, 2012 No snow or colder weather please - my heating is broken and it's getting very chilly indoors now. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
snowberry Posted January 29, 2012 Share Posted January 29, 2012 I haven't had the chance to try out the crampons I bought last year after I discovered them on the Yaktrax thread Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Old Speckled Hen Posted January 29, 2012 Share Posted January 29, 2012 I haven't had the chance to try out the crampons I bought last year after I discovered them on the Yaktrax thread Sorry.....that did make me How much snow do you get in Cornwall? 1963 and 2010? We have snow on the tops now; will get a picture on tomorrow. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted January 29, 2012 Author Share Posted January 29, 2012 It's snowing again here. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
freddie Posted January 29, 2012 Share Posted January 29, 2012 We Have snow!!! The puppy loves it Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted January 29, 2012 Share Posted January 29, 2012 Had a good pain free day today so..Went there & back to my sister's house in Cheshire today. All in 12 hours. To see my new little niece. Gorgeous little doll she is. Coming back I was driving through quite thick falling snow between Other side of Newtown & Devils Bridge. The snow ploughs couldn't keep up with the rate it was falling at. A bit hard going on the hair pin bends with the snow coming towards you & my main beam was no good in the falling snow (played havoc on the eyes)- but got home safe. Just sleet all day here at home. Although Our mountains around are white. Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted January 30, 2012 Share Posted January 30, 2012 Nowt here this morning, to my surprise, but it's struggling to get above freezing and the clear sky is clouding over, so perhaps we'll get some today. I hear that it snowed a bit in Milton Keynes last night. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
bluekarin Posted January 30, 2012 Share Posted January 30, 2012 It started snowing here (Wiltshire) at 7.45am! Kids were a bit excited. A great way to start an otherwise dreary Monday morning (for them) especially as ED has her first GCSE mock exam today. 2 hours of it! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
snowberry Posted January 30, 2012 Share Posted January 30, 2012 I haven't had the chance to try out the crampons I bought last year after I discovered them on the Yaktrax thread Sorry.....that did make me How much snow do you get in Cornwall? 1963 and 2010? We have snow on the tops now; will get a picture on tomorrow. Sorry, I'm a little paranoid about the freezing stuff. I fell on the ice (2009) & managed to damage my back & neck (I've been told I'll just have to live with the pain). Going to work with concussion (I didn't know I had it) was mightily amusing, the whiplash the next day was not! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Groovychook Posted January 30, 2012 Share Posted January 30, 2012 (edited) I haven't had the chance to try out the crampons I bought last year after I discovered them on the Yaktrax thread Sorry.....that did make me How much snow do you get in Cornwall? 1963 and 2010? We have snow on the tops now; will get a picture on tomorrow. We've had heavy snow in North Cornwall for the past three winters and been snowed in each time. None that's settled so far this year- thank goodness! Driving home across the moor last night through a blizzard, it was was having a good go at settling but we've just got sleet this morning. I've noticed that the local supermarket and DIY store has had a large stock of snow shovels and sledges for the past few months- think they must've been expecting more of the same. Edited January 30, 2012 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
PurpleTree Posted January 30, 2012 Share Posted January 30, 2012 It's been snowing all morning here, but it's been too wet to stick. So just cold, wet & miserable. Brrr!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
whoopsie Posted January 31, 2012 Share Posted January 31, 2012 We've had a little bit this morning - the house looks like it has dandruff! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted January 31, 2012 Share Posted January 31, 2012 We had that too - like granulated sugar. It has been cold with a white sky all day. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted January 31, 2012 Author Share Posted January 31, 2012 Same here. Brrrr. It is decidedly chilly. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
snowberry Posted January 31, 2012 Share Posted January 31, 2012 Mmm, Tesco have had snow shovels suggestively placed at the entrance of the store this week. I wondered if they knew something or were just keen to off load them? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted January 31, 2012 Share Posted January 31, 2012 Morrisons have had them since November - snow shovels that is - a few less every week - probably people are using for other things Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted February 1, 2012 Share Posted February 1, 2012 So c-c-c-cold here today... but still no sign of snow! We had a very heavy frost last night, the chickens' drinkers were frozen solid and the dog was shivering out on her walk this morning, brrrrrr! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
snowberry Posted February 1, 2012 Share Posted February 1, 2012 -1° here this morning. My silly car only informs me of a 'risk of ice' when it's warmed up to 3° Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
superkitty Posted February 1, 2012 Share Posted February 1, 2012 No snow yet here this week - but SO cold! Had to defrost the glug twice yesterday, it had frozen solid both times Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
superkitty Posted February 1, 2012 Share Posted February 1, 2012 -1° here this morning. My silly car only informs me of a 'risk of ice' when it's warmed up to 3° Mine too. I figure it's a Motown fan (3 Degrees) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted February 1, 2012 Author Share Posted February 1, 2012 A few sprinkles of icing sugar type snow coming down, but very sunny. Ice in glugs this morning, and a British Gas engineer is working on my dead as a doornail boiler as I type. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted February 1, 2012 Share Posted February 1, 2012 Sorry to hear that Egluntyne. No snow here either - it was -3deg when I got up and -0.5deg now, the sky has been alternating between clear and cloudy. Forgot to take the drinker in last night, so that was solid I put the spare one out with a snugglesafe under it to keep it ice-free. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
millie Posted February 1, 2012 Share Posted February 1, 2012 No snow here, v.cold though. Daughter keeps praying for snow, has been revving up and greasing her sledge since November. Last year she had her 1st sledge age 13 and was so enthusiastic it only lasted an hr or so and the shops were sold out , out came the feed bags once more. This year she has been fully prepared with 2 ready to go and not a sniff .As for snow shovels, great for horse poop scooping and muck heap maintenance . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chick wiggle Posted February 2, 2012 Share Posted February 2, 2012 We are having a few flurries here, but very light and sporadic at the moment, nothing laying........yet Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...