Cinnamon

Game Of Thrones

I am really excited that the new series of this starts next week :P

I loved the first series....as many of you know,its a rare occasion that I don't love anything with the divine Sean Bean in it,but I thought this series was brilliant.

It was bawdy,shocking & the scenery & acting was amazing.

This week I have started to read the book,which I thought might be a difficult read,as its a fairly complex story,but I have been surprised in that I simply cannot put it down.

I rarely read a book after seeing an adaptation,but am so glad I did this time - it is a phenomenal read,along the lines of The Lord of the Rings,but with easier to understand wording :lol:

Is anyone else a fan of the books or the TV series?

Edited by Guest

My ED and most of her sixth form have read the books, she has only read the first one so far, but has asked me to record the TV series while we are away. She had to read it in a little over a week because she had ordered it from the library and there were 12 people waiting for it they did let her renew it just over last weekend when she begged. She loved it and can't wait to read the others, although she should be starting her A level revision.

I'm really excited that Game of Thrones season 2 is starting next week, I can't wait! II am often quite pleased that a new season of something I like is starting, but I've been really really looking forward to this.

I loved the first series. I liked the complexity, and I loved how the characters developed. I was completely shocked by part of the ending of season 1.

I did buy the next book in the series for my kindle, but I haven't got round to reading it yet. With season 2 starting, I had thought I just wouldn't bother now, as I find it difficult to read a book after seeing an adaptation. However, i'm encouraged that you have found it so gripping Sarah, and I might get try anyway now.

I am going to admit on a little bit of a crush on Tyrion,only because he is so funny & "Ooops, word censored!"le at the same time.

He is by far my favourite character

Yes, I thought the way his character developend was fantastic. I completely changed my view of his character as the seroes progressed.

One of the things I really like about GoT is that most of the characters are very rounded...instead of being totally cartoon evil, or totally cartoon good, they are (almost) all a complex mix of good and bad, just like people in real life.

Not that any of them are like people in real life, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

Agree with SuperKitty that the books lose their way a little as you go through them, but the first three are excellent. I read them all after watching the series and now Tyrion is firmly fixed in my mind as played by Peter Dinklage. He just gets funnier and more attractive as you bowl your way through.

We are just about to sign off from Sky, so will have to make do with the books ... deep sigh ...

Don't get me started on Joffrey....vile creature he is.

I am hoping that Sansa toughs up in the next series & that he gets his.

There are certainly lots of very easy on the eye chaps,aren't there,& all of them a bit grubby,hairy & rough...just the way I like them :lol:

OK .......... Not sure if I'm really proud, or really disgusted with my self, but yesterday evening I put on the 1st episode of season 1 and then ............... one very very late night later, we finished the whole 10 episodes :shock::shock::lol: .

Can't wait for Season 2 now :dance::dance:

*edited for typo*

Edited by Guest

DH loves it, but I just can't watch it... I've seen a few episodes, but while I think the story is great, the acting is amazing and the whole thing is generally very well done, I have found too many scenes disturbing, and some of the more violent aspects are just too much for me... I'm a rather sensitive soul, and can't take much darkness or violence on the screen... the story itself is rather dark too, I couldn't find anything uplifting about it at all, so I stopped watching it... DH is recording it all, but has been asked not to watch while I'm around, which makes it a bit difficult for him to see them as I'm always home, whereas he travels for business...

Has anyone else found it too dark or violent, or is it just me??

I know what you mean Ziggy as I didn't used to like anything like this. I can remember being really upset at the ending of Titanic :roll: I found it all so upsetting. I think I've got used to dark, depressing things as hubby likes watching things like Lord of The Rings which are as dark as you can get :?

YS is just about to read these books on his Kindle.

Has anyone else found it too dark or violent, or is it just me??

I think the gratuitous sex and violence keep me from loving it also. Same with Boardwalk Empire. Those shows seem too realistic, if exaggerated. My husband likes both of them. I watch with him, but I'm not avid about it. I love True Blood which also has plenty of gratuitous sex and violence, but it's fairly campy and mixed with humor so I think that is why I find it tolerable.

Well, I started reading Book 2 before last week's run started. I got about half way thrugh the book, and episode 1 overtook me slightly.

I am addicted, I can't stop. I finished book 2, then down-loaded book 3 (which is actually two books), and I finished those on Sunday morning, I've now downloaded book 4 and am well underway with that.

All week I've kept putting my kindle down and walking off to do something else, but I just couldn't keep away. I did have a break on Thursday afternoon as I was at a wedding, but I picked it up again as soon as I got home.

I hope the TV adaptation keeps to the storyline!

Haven't seen this on TV, but then we don't get to watch much and I'm guessing it's on one of those channels that we don't have....

DS had the first book at Christmas and read it really quickly...he hasn't pestered for the second book though so maybe he wasn't that impressed...

I was thinking I might give it a go...but there are probably a lot of other things on my list I'd like to read first......

Resurrecting this old thread in anticipation of series 4 starting in early April.

I am almost beside myself with excitement for this!

After the horror, shock (for those who have not read the books) & superb acting in the season finale of The Red Wedding, I can safely say that season 4 looks like it is going to be an absolute humdinger.

I have just re read the book & I can't wait :lol:

I kind of know what is coming, & it is going to be a real spectacle.

My daughter has read the NEXT book, & she was desperate to tell me some spoilers when I met up with her yesterday! :roll:

Any more big time Throners out there?