Snowy

Wedding dress disaster! *Pics pg 4*

How upsetting for her but thank goodness you've managed to find one almost identical. :D I can imagine the panic and angst I would be going through if it was me.

If I take anything 'special' to the dry cleaners they always say if they think there might be problems with the item - sequins or special effects on the material. Thankfully they've been pretty good so far.

I found one almost identical, in the right size!! :dance: And unworn!! :dance::dance:

She is giving it a couple more days as the cleaners are going to try to rescue her dress, but if not, I will be taking her a dress the night before! Hows that for cutting it fine :lol:

That's great news!

Would it be worth sending her the dress (rather than taking it up the night before), just so she can try it on and make sure it fits/take any remedial action? A courier would cost about £12 (I use parcel2go, which gives the options of lots of couriers. Beware when getting initial prices - as the cost increases if you want compensation for full value.

Hazel

I did wonder if I could get it to her beforehand - might consider that, although we really will be running out of time then! Lets see what happens - she wants to wait until Friday :shock: (I have made enquiries about the dress anyway - don't want to find it gets sold in the meantime :? ) I'm seriously tempted to drive over there tomorrow and get it anyway :think:

(I have made enquiries about the dress anyway - don't want to find it gets sold in the meantime :? ) I'm seriously tempted to drive over there tomorrow and get it anyway :think:

I guess you could buy it and then sell it again if she doesn't need it (or if it doesn't fit)? The risks are, of course, that you might lose money on it, and/or it might take a while to re-sell.

Thankgoodness for the internet! Poor girl, hardly the kind of stress she needed this close to the big day. Hopefully that'll be the end of the stress, and the next two weeks go by without incident. My wedding day eve, and wedding day was a catalogue of disasters, from my 6 month old nephew getting locked in a flat, with both his parents outside, to the church being broken into and the vestry being ransacked, with lots of other stresses too. The only thing that actually went hiccup free was my dress!

Fingers crossed that she's sorted now! x

Well as I expected, I had the phone call today - the cleaners have not been able to sort her dress out! :evil: Thank goodness we'd put some money aside recently! Off to collect the pre-loved (but unworn 8) ) wedding dress tomorrow and drive up the M6 to meet her fiance halfway and hand it over! Good job I didn't have anything planned with my Saturday! :roll::lol:

If it is any consolation, my wedding dress which I had ordered was altered incorrectly by miles and was too small for me, despite me losing weight (the pre wedding rushing around). The bridal shop had got their measurements wrong big time! So ten days before my wedding I had no dress and no silk in the UK to have it made from either, so 10 days beforehand silk was flown in (from India I think?) and I went directly to the dress designer in Watlington, Oxfordshire (near Omlet I think), in less than a week they made my my dress and it was BEAUTIFUL. We have now been married for 17 years and loving it!

I am sure there is a reason for things out there, have a SUPERB day and I wish them all the best for a very happy future together.