Charlottechicken

December!!

I love Christmas and December. November seems to have c--r--a--w--l--e--d by since Guy Fawkes ... what a lovely frosty morning! I'm going to do some biscuit baking today and YD is off to a huge Christmas fair this evening with her friends. Happy 01st December, everyone.

Mrs P.

There is an inverse relationship between age and the speed of time.

Hubby and I are alone for Christmas and I can't wait to dress the house. Not OTT just a few lights and a new tree.

The old one is still at Ma-in-Law's in a pot. £40 for a pot grown Nordmann !!!!! but we HAVE to have a first tree in the new house to plant out in the garden.

I did a Winter fair today at the little hall where I'm W.I president. It really got me in the Xmas mood & guess what was waiting for me when I got home? A mug of hot non alcoholic berry punch & our real Xmas tree! :dance: Hubby had gone out to the Xmas tree farm as a surprise. We are decorating it tomorrow evening, once I get in from the theatre matinee I'm going to. I will be like a kid in a sweetie shop. :D

Emma.x

We have done quite a bit of Christmas shopping now and pretty much know what else we need to buy. I have bought wrapping paper to wrap OH's presents, now I just need to find something to wrap up. :roll:

ED has been ice skating in Bristol, this week, where she is at uni she sent me a lovely photo they have made it all look so Christmassy. She is black and blue though, ice skating is not one of her skills. :lol:

We will sort out the tree and decorations next weekend.

This year has just flown by, and so much has happened, both good and bad, thankfully more of the former than the latter. :D

I love December, but hate the rest of the winter.

Well our Xmas tree is up & decorated & a few other bits have got dotted round the house. :D

The matinne performance at the theatre today was fab. We really enjoyed it, just what we wanted to get in the Xmas spirit. It was Dylan Thomas' A Child's Christmas in Wales. Just beautiful & the singers have fantastic angelic voices.

Emma.x

There is an inverse relationship between age and the speed of time.

That is so, so true. I am scared at how quickly December has come around. I'd planned to put my decorations up this weekend, but I'm having the kitchen painted so I can't decorate in there (it's a kitchen/dining room) and most of the kitchen contents are in the living room so that's out too! Most of the presents are bought, and I managed to get a Waitrose online slot for 21st December.

Anyone playing the Angry Birds Seasons Advent Calendar?

I've got some decorations up, I will try to post a picture because it looks jolly but I'm afraid I am neither subtle nor stylish with my Christmas decorating. I have been making some random lists and thinking about buying presents. It's all a bit slapdash but comes together just in time.

Going to Street shopping village next week because its cosy there followed by Trier Christmas Market. It's quite a small one so we're also going to catch a train to visit Luxembourg Market. We ordered the local bus tickets online which also give you some offers in Trier including a free glass of beer at the hotel we're staying in which has it's own brewery.

We've done Cologne, Heidelburg and Birmingham. Cologne was big but Heidelberg is my favourite. The market on London SouthBank was not good and I'm hoping to visit Bath Christmas Market. The boys went there last week and said it was great.

Quite excited because ES is home for Christmas Day. It's been a few years.