CatieB

Tips for life

I thought we could start a thread of good tips to pass on. Here goes

If you are going to buy a fake Christmas tree DO NOT get one with the pretty snow effect or glitter. I was still finding the bits from last year as recently as last week and I'm a clean freak. Have just got the tree out for this year and now have a carpet of glitter again: :x

Don't worry too much about saying no and feel free to mould your life according to your strengths. I believe that you only have one go at this and pretending to be something you're not makes it more difficult than it needs to be.

Everyone has their own place and value and way of doing things and not everyone will like your way. That doesn't matter.

God gave us two eyes, two ears and one mouth so we may see and hear twice as much as we speak.

Never talk down to a child. He or she will always be smarter than you think. Even if you revise your opinion, he or she will grow up quicker.

Praise in public, criticise in private and always make the apology at least as visible as the sin.

Saying sorry costs you nothing but your pride. If that cost makes you wince, you've probably become too conceited.

Ditto saying please and thank you.

There's no such thing as an unrepeatable deal.

You can't force people to like you. Some people will take an instant dislike to you. Don't waste precious energy trying to change their view.

Be thankful and learn when to accept that 'just' being content really is enough.

Smile! (Especially in supermarkets and on the tube! :lol: )

Always pack a spare set of undies.