Cooks Posted March 28, 2013 Share Posted March 28, 2013 2lb more off is week, wee heee heeee heee and I know my BMI is 24 as the hospital just told me so ha!!! How are you all doing? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ali-s Posted March 28, 2013 Share Posted March 28, 2013 Well done on the 2lb off and your BMI I haven't weighed myself properly for weeks now, and the Wii fit board is not accurate. According to the board I am now underweight I am still cycling to and from work. Five miles a day, up hill mostly on the way there but down hill wheeeee mostly on the way home. This past two weeks I have cycled into extremely windy and freezing headwinds, through snow, hail and sleet storms and on snowy roads. My legs are getting so strong and no more flabby thighs Tummy is disappearing too I love my bike Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted March 28, 2013 Share Posted March 28, 2013 Oh that sounds fantastic Ali, that's hard cycling in those conditions. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted March 31, 2013 Share Posted March 31, 2013 I've been away in Norfolk for a few days walking, plus did a huge walk with our church on Good Friday (that was approx 14.5 miles). I am now fit as a flea but on the downside I have eaten a huge amount of cake - probably more than I have walked off! However I am justifying it to myself as the thread is 'Omleteers FIT for 2013' (although it would be nice to lose a lb or two in the process). Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted April 3, 2013 Share Posted April 3, 2013 We've done a lot of beach walking in Norfolk too, but have also eaten far too much Back to bootcamp methinks! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted April 3, 2013 Share Posted April 3, 2013 All the exercise and sea air makes you very hungry doesn't it?! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted April 8, 2013 Share Posted April 8, 2013 I am finally at my Slimming World target. Quite happy at the weight I am now, healthy BMI and in my ideal weight bracket. Onwards and upwards with 2013 now .... Good luck all with your journeys, I will still check in to see how you are all doing, thank you for your support. Xx Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted April 8, 2013 Share Posted April 8, 2013 Well done Cooks - I bet you feel great. No circuits for me tonight; so tired I can hardly stand up, I figured that I need the sleep more then the exercise, so I'm off to bed in a minute. I'm on 8am starts at work at the moment so I am up at 5.20am to fit everything in before I head off. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ali-s Posted April 9, 2013 Share Posted April 9, 2013 I have been a little lapse on the keeping fit for a couple of weeks. I haven't been spinning for 3 weeks due to illness, back problems and car trouble. I didn't think I could spin for 45 minutes and cycle there and back, a total journey of 9 miles Also been on holiday from work for 2 weeks and have been baking and eating the results I can feel my clothes getting tighter Off to town in a short while on my bike as it is due its 6 week check up. A total journey of 12 miles. Did this journey on Saturday which I really enjoyed as it is a different route to the one I take in the car. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted April 9, 2013 Share Posted April 9, 2013 I skipped Zumba last night too as I felt shattered. I couldn't face an hour's jumping around. I did have a very busy weekend though in the garden, so I don't feel too bad for missing out. Onwards and upwards! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ali-s Posted April 14, 2013 Share Posted April 14, 2013 Forty three miles ridden on my bike this week, plus the last mile walk home yesterday pushing my bike as the chain came off I and couldn't get it back on I haven't started running as I am having so much fun on my bike. No spinning either. I haven't planned anything for next week as I have the joyful task of jury service The court is not local so lots of travelling if I get picked. I have found a circuits class in the village so hopefully if there is spaces I can attend that. I will be able to cycle there and back. Back in my size 10 jeans Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted April 18, 2013 Share Posted April 18, 2013 I'm off to the Peak District next weekend with some friends for a day's walking. We're planning to climb Kinder Scout. I've never done it before. Has anyone been up and can tell me how tough it it? (So I can be prepared ) Tango is coming too. She'll zip up much more easily than me - maybe she can pull me up! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted April 18, 2013 Share Posted April 18, 2013 Good luck L_B. Blinding circuit on Monday, although my legs turned to jelly about 10 mins from the end good session in the gym last night; only 20 minutes but made it matter. Back on track I think. Rosie is training hard, she has a duathlon on Sunday - run+bike+run for this one. First race of the season and she's looking forward to it. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted April 25, 2013 Share Posted April 25, 2013 I'm off to the Peak District next weekend with some friends for a day's walking. We're planning to climb Kinder Scout. I've never done it before. Has anyone been up and can tell me how tough it it? (So I can be prepared ) Tango is coming too. She'll zip up much more easily than me - maybe she can pull me up! We did it a couple of years ago, lovely walk...tho I think that's the one we managed to go "off trail" for a bit ...I was horribly unfit for uphill stuff But managed it with plenty of snacks and rest stops....DS walked part of the first section IN the stream, bless him .....so many sets of DoE walkers also up there with us! Have a great day...and well done all you "fitties" Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted April 25, 2013 Share Posted April 25, 2013 Thanks Sha, I spoke to someone else on Tuesday who had walked it and they also managed to go off trail... and ended up in a peat bog I'm hoping we've got some decent navigators with us! Long time since I had to use a map and compass... Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sage Posted April 27, 2013 Share Posted April 27, 2013 Today at the gym, I did day 1 of week 1 of the couch to 5km . It was hard work as I'm very over weight & unfit. hoping it will help shift a few pounds Sage Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted April 27, 2013 Share Posted April 27, 2013 Been on my feet all day today - rushing about. Managed to fit in a decent dog walk; 3 miles or so as well. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted April 28, 2013 Share Posted April 28, 2013 Did my Kinder Scout walk yesterday - absolutely brilliant Around 8 miles in distance and about a mile in elevation Tango found her true calling as a mountain dog - she was skipping up and down like a mountain goat and somehow still had the same amount of energy at the end as when we started (unlike me ). Very boggy on top and we nearly lost some of the younger members of our party in the peat bogs - which they found hilarious. I'd definitely do it again - very different to anything I've walked before and a fantastic sense of achievement. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sage Posted May 1, 2013 Share Posted May 1, 2013 I was in the cloakroom of DD pre-school yesterday when her teacher came out. DD shouted at the top of her voice for all to hear "Miss Miss my Mummys going the the gym this morning and her tummy & bum wobble lots" . Not only did the teacher hear but about a dozen other parents and kids. Sage Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted June 2, 2013 Share Posted June 2, 2013 Not been in here for ages but congratulations or commiserations to you all with weight loss or injuries & illnesses etc. My men are all away doing a championship hill race today so I decided today was the day to start running again . Managed about 32 minutes, mostly off road but enjoyed it so much I even added an extra mile or two . I expect to be sore tomorrow though . Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lillybettybabs Posted June 4, 2013 Share Posted June 4, 2013 I have lost just over 1st in 3 weeks, mostly water but needed to go, target is 9st but i may start to look too skinny so playing it by ear. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted June 24, 2013 Share Posted June 24, 2013 Well I don't know where it's gone, but I hopped on the scales yesterday and found I'd lost about 4/5 lbs. Not sure where it's gone as I haven't really been trying to lose weight, just keep fit. A nice discovery though Funnily enough someone commented recently that I looked like I'd lost weight as my face and neck looked thinner (did they look fat before then?!) and today I see my bra is too big. So... I've lost weight on my face and chest, but why doesn't my stomach look any flatter?! (Which is where I'd quite like it to shift!) Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted June 24, 2013 Share Posted June 24, 2013 My point exactly H; when you put on weight it goes on yer tum and bum, when you lose it, it drops of yer boobs and face. Hardly fair, is it? Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lavenders_Blue Posted June 24, 2013 Share Posted June 24, 2013 No, it's rubbish! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nikipins Posted June 29, 2013 Share Posted June 29, 2013 Yesterday my scales shown I've lost 10% of my body weight since February woo hoo. I'm back in clothes that have been too tight for the last 2 years, my aim is to loose another 10% by the end of the year. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...