Reikiranf

Omleteers fit for 2013

Well done Cooks :clap: That is such a great achievement (and not easy to do, she says from experience :oops: )

and thanks for your kind wishes. Shingles is not fun and exhausting :( but it could be worse, OH had already decided to stay around all week (he works away 2 days a week most weeks). And my friends and neighbours have been lovely with offers to help.

Yes I remember Dad being totally wiped out with it :( It's lovely that you have such support around you.

To be honest it isn't easy to lose the weight but enough was enough and something had to change especially with the op approaching. They cannot say I need to lower my bmi now ha!!

Well done Kiddo!

Have been eating less but weight going up. Been looking on the internet and apparently it is a big side effect of taking the tablets that I'm on. Great! General consensus is that 2 stone is the norm.

Although I have to add that I've not had much exercise as I normally have lately!

Haven't done much in the way of exercising over last couple of weeks and it was OH's 50th birthday the other weekend so we've been scoffing the leftovers (I managed to forget to cut the cake up for everyone to take home) :roll:

Today OH and I have embarked on The Fast Diet, I've had a poached egg and tangerine so far. I am pretty hungry and finding the no milk in tea really hard BUT I know that its just for today and I can eat normally tomorrow. I have got a rotten cold at the moment so probably not the best time to be starting. :roll:

I'm hoping that my OH can stick to this, its really about the best one I think he could do as he can eat normally for 5 days out of 7. He's been on Lighterlife before but as soon as he starts eating again he just overeats. I'm hoping that as we're doing this together then he'll stick to it.

The Fast Diet is a good one, but bear in mind that when it says that you can 'eat normally' on the other 5 days; it doesn't mean that you can eat unhealthily or pig out; it refers to a Mediterranean-type diet and eating sensibly. The Mail has had a good series on this with menu plans etc. The two days are the important ones which kick start your body into using up the calories more effectively.

Will bear that in mind - the cake has nearly all gone. My weight has crept up due to eating away at tournaments for the last couple of years. Virtually every weekend we are are away. Not too bad with day trip ones, I make up a salad etc and take fruit to eat whilst watching the games, my downfall is after the tournament when YS's starving and wants a macdonalds on the way home. So far I haven't been able to resist. :anxious:

We are coming up to starting our weekend tournaments both here and abroad, everywhere always serves the same thing, burgers or hot dogs for the foreign ones. There was only one last year that served a pasta salad and that was Belgium. We're usually by the side of a lake or river miles from anywhere. This is where this diet will help in that we can do the 2 days during the week and try not to pig out too much at the weekends - although I have to say I do take porridge pots for when we're camping so I don't have to eat burger/dogs/bacon rolls all day long :roll:

My DD has been doing the 2 day diet for a few months now. I think they're probably quite similar. I'm looking at this as a lifestyle rather than a 'diet'. We both like food and apart from the rubbish that we end up eating at the weekends I do cook healthily most of the time at home. My OH though is a comfort eater, he makes himself a sandwich the minute he has finished his dinner which is so silly as the dinner hasn't even had a chance to get down to his stomach.

He also never leaves anything which is a hang over from his parents. If I'm full I will leave food on the plate, I never tell my children to eat everything.

Just got to get the exercising back on again now too. :D

I'm not dieting, just not buying biscuits, chocolate, etc etc. :( All the stuff I like. No wine(well, not much) either.

Upped the dog walking, started digging the garden, and stripped and painted a bedroom , including ceiling. Knackered, should be positively svelt. Am not :roll:

Aint life cruel. Esp with teen daughter with no lumps, bumps or bulges anywhere!!

Yes, agree - worked myself into the ground with walking walking walking and swimming. Then it all started going kaput. Weight crept up, increased walking distance and then 2 sessions of swimming doing over a mile each time. Lessened food intake even more, gave myself a 2 week break from pushing myself. Back to the exercise with great gusto. And nothing. Just a steady increase as I cut down even more food. Depression set in big time and it's even worse. Not quite back to the level where I started but it's closer than I want. But I am/was a very fit fatty! Even racing my usually fit husband up the hills and turned the tables by not waiting for him like he did with me! :twisted: Went swimming recently but having to break myself in and did 12 or so (can't remember) which is nowhere near my 100 x 25m. But it's more than I expected. I did stop on the way back once I got into shallower water so I could do my ankle exercises without getting the funny looks (I broke my ankle - but the physios reckon its because I did exercise and swim I was back on my feet much quicker). So the plan is to do 20 next time - and if I can manage that I'll go on for a few more lengths. Once I get in the pool it's very hard for me to stop, love swimming so much. Once I went on and on and did 150 and still felt fine afterwards - I could have done more, but I think I started to wrinkle up a bit!

Can I suggest that you do your exercise in batches Val? Your body will get used to a certain type of exercise, which is when it stops having such a benefit. Do walking once week, then intersperse with swimming and perhaps stop both for a week and use an exercise bike or similar.

Our bodies are amazing and have a muscle memory to help them perform certain movements or exercises more easily, that's why it's best to change your routine every now and then. If you like, or can get to, a gym, then see if you can get a personal trainer (most gyms include this in the membership) to do you a routine which is assessed and changed every 4-6 week.

Why do my muscles have a memory and my brain doesn't?!!!! That's sooooo unfair! :lol:

I'm not too hot with the cycling because it plays havoc with my knees. Mentioned this to physio so he will try and sort me out next time.

But I will have a bash at blocks of things. Maybe mixing it up a bit, cheers DM.

I did my first real Zumba class last night and absolutely loved it, I think because the hall was considerably larger than my conservatory!

I weighed myself this morning and have lost another 2lbs so that's 3st 4lbs in total :D It also took me down into the 11 stone bracket for the first time since I was pregnant with my 19 year old son :oops: