Reikiranf

Omleteers fit for 2013

Valkyrie, Zumba is a mix of lots of different dance steps, I've got a Zumba fitness DVD set and the toning sticks that you can buy in from Argos, Boots and Amazon etc. Some of the steps look complicated but they break them down into easy beats so they are easy to learn.

It's a great form of exercise as once you've learned the steps and stop concentrating so hard you really enjoy it. This link will give you an idea and there are lots more on Youtube :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8skNPTmmSA

That looks like fun, I might try it at home sometime.

Been on the go all day and only just sat down (except for a 20 min car journey this morning). I might have a go at running again; my knees are better and I have some very good trainers now, so may go round the block a couple of times tomorrow and see how it goes.

I did a 7 mile bike ride yesterday on my new bicycle. I've not been out on a bike for a quite a while and it did feel good. Planning to go out again today to the small supermarket in my nearest town. I reckon that will be about 10 miles there and back.

Still spinning twice a week. I think it is getting easier :? Still haven't been out running, must get my bum into gear and do it.

I have heard of Zumba but I have no coordination and would get myself in a right pickle. I struggle to do press ups and pedal at the same time at spinning class.

Well done cooks!

Had a brilliant time at circuits last night and really pushed myself, so a bit tired today. I just need to find the time to sort out a programme for my 30-40 minutes in the gym on a Wednesday and I'll be fitter and not slacking off.

The new job is great, although the housekeeper up at the house cooks us a meal 3 days a week - it's really lovely but I could really do with eating less :oops:

I didn't realise you'd started your new job already, DM. Great news that it's going well. Not always easy to be restrained when someone else is cooking for you, is it?

I did my Zumba class last night and did quite a lot of gardening at the weekend - preparing the ground to put up a greenhouse. That should keep me busy for a few weekends and is a good workout too!

Thirty two miles on the bike since Saturday. Forty five minutes at spinning last night. Boy do my thighs ache today. Cycling into a head wind this morning on the way to work and wind coming side on, on my way home this afternoon.

Now need to find exercises to do to tone my upper body and tum.

Well done Ali, great mileage :D

Sadly I haven't got on my bike for a fortnight :(

2 weeks ago today I had an incident with a learner driver on my commute from work, they clipped my elbow with their wing mirror :roll: had some soft tissue damage in my shoulder :anxious:

Then, I got a nasty cough and cold from my nephew.... And then the last few days I have been rather distracted with my nephew's new born baby sister :P

However, with running around after a toddler (supporting my sister whilst she's had her baby) and not eating much with hospital visits etc, I've still managed to lose 2lb this week :dance:

My new baby niece is completely perfect :P

Sorry to hear about your accident Spacechick.

I had a scary moment this morning with a coach on a single track road. I had to leap off my bike and pull the bike and myself into an hawthorn hedge to avoid a collision :twisted: No attempt to slow down :twisted:

Well I am currently at a 2stone 5lb loss, I am well passed my target for the op so am really pleased as they can't mention BMI anymore :roll: 1.3lb to SW target weight I set originally at New Year, but I am 8.3lb to my final target. I am counting down the lbs now. :lol:

People that run matathon's are saint like in my eyes :lol: I could never manage that, well done :clap:

I'm not doing well :( Shingles has completely taken it out of me and unfortunately the blisters went down one arm and I'm finding that arm doesn't have much strength (I can't work out why though, shingles shouldn't have affected the muscles :? ). Just got back to the rowing m/c after a few weeks off and did 5 minutes, I need to build up gradually. :roll: