Reikiranf

Omleteers fit for 2013

Wow! Everyone's been doing really well :D I got a Fitbit a few months ago and it's definitely motivating me to move more, I always do at least 10,000 steps a day :dance:

On Friday I got on the scales and have at long last lost 3 stones, it's taken me 13 months and like Cooks I've got rid of all my old clothes as I'm not putting the weight back on. I discovered today that M&S make very stretchy denim, I got into a pair of size 12 skinny jeans :shock: I didn't buy them as they were low rise and I don't like impersonating a builder when I bend down :oops:

Having met up with Reikiranf yesterday for lunch, first time for months, I can confirm that she's looking very good, really impressive! Well done Reiki :clap::D:dance:

Thank you Seagazer :oops: It was lovely to see you :D

Thanks for the tip on the jeans Dogmother, I shall check them out :D It's funny how it can be hard to get jeans that fit nicely, last time I went to Florida I got 'curvy fit' jeans which were great as they fitted over my bum and still fitted my waist, whereas here I often found they were much too big on the waist and gaped at the back, thankfully I'm finding them fitting better since I've lost weight :dance:

I went to body combat as well, for the first time in three months (I normally do 3 BC classes a week). Well..... :shock: . Lets just say i hope my residual fitness comes back quickly, because I struggled to get my top on this morning, my arms were so sore :D DOMS at its best (or worst) :lol:

I weighed myself this week and have put on nearly a stone whilst I've been ill. :(

I swear by Levi's Bold Curve jeans nowadays, after decades of trying unsuccessfully to find jeans that fit. There are three types of fit, think they're Demi curve, bold curve and another one that I can't remember. Based on hip to waist ratio as far as i know. Bold curve is for the curviest of us (or as I like to kid myself, those of us who have a small waist as opposed to a slightly (ahem) more 'shapely' bottom and hips :D)

The process of being measured out on the shop floor by a 15-year-old stick insect who then yelled out "yep! Definitely a bold curve!" wasn't the best, but the jeans are pretty awesome. I've got quite a few pairs now and wouldn't be without them.

Now to try and recover from BC in time for the next class!

I've been pretty good about exercise for the past year, but I haven't lost the weight I've wanted so it's time to work on diet. I've avoided the scale, but I still can't fit in most of my pants and I could see that my rear profile in the gym's full wall mirrors is not petite. Then I saw Facebook photos of myself in exercise leggings earlier this week and had a Bridget Jones moment. Yikes! My bottom, hips, and thighs were so big!

My downfall is my evening meal. My husband has taken to cooking on a lot of nights and he goes overboard with portion sizes. Fortunately, his weight is up, too, so he's decided to start cutting carbs again! I also like dessert in the evenings, although I keep it small, like 100 calories. I guess I'll have to cut back the frequency.

Is it possible to eat your main meal in the middle of the day, and a light nutritious snack together in the evening?

Calories consumed in the evening tend to hang around :roll:

No, we both work so that is difficult. I'm lucky in that I always get a lunch break, but he is at a hospital and they don't always get their meal break or it's very short. I guess I could increase what I take for lunch so that I'm not famished when I get home. I generally just take a low calorie microwave dinner.

If you make your meal more protein-based then it will fill you up more, as will less processed food; a grilled chicken or fish salad with a ginger and lime dressing is an example.

Have a look at recipes on the South Beach Diet websites; that's a good place to start.

I do the same; I'm lucky in that I'm currently able to get home at lunchtime (soon to change) so I have my main meal in the middle of the day and just a wee snack in the evening (usually just Greek yoghurt with fruit or granola) this suits me better from a digestive point of view and also because I'm busy in the evening with chores and child-ferrying.

That is what we are trying to do! We were hard core low-carbing a few years ago and we both lost lots of weight, but then it started to feel too restrictive and I went to grad school so we fell off the wagon. My husband is doing it for all meals, for a while anyway, but I'm just going to keep it at the evening meal.

I actually have a South Beach Diet and a couple of other low carb cookbooks. I should pull them out for ideas. I'm going to start baking a treat with coconut flour once a week to satisfy my sweet cravings. It takes a lot of eggs though so I need more hens! :wink:

No excuse needed to get more hens!

Eggs are an excellent low-carb ingredient 8)

There's no need to cut carbs right out, try switching to wholemeal options instead so they have a lower GI score, and eat less processed food; processed stuff has refined sugars in it which makes you carve more of the stuff.

I'm busy working too so I tend to cook things in batches and freeze it for later.

Well done lillybettybabs :clap: I hope that the owners see a difference and stop overfeeding him, if only they could see that they aren't being kind!

If anyone else works out at home using dvd's Poundland have a good selection at the moment, I bough a couple of Biggest Loser workouts, I've only tried one so far and haven't done every section yet but I enjoy it, you can feel it working it's nicely instructed and not too fast so you have time to do the movements properly :D

I've done a 6 mile walk this afternoon. Hubby and some friends walked to the pub in the next village to watch the 6 Nations rugby, I walked with them and then took a long route back home across some fields so the dog could have a zoom about :D I felt very virtuous doing a long walk while they are sat guzzling beer and crisps!

I use a Wii fit step, with raiser, and rowing machine. The rowing machine was second hand and is minus its digi bits; no stroke/distance counter! I usually do 25 strokes per minute so does anyone ele who has a rowing machine know what that might equate to distance-wise? Equally, is this OK or do I need to go faster?

Thanks in advance! :)