Reikiranf

Omleteers fit for 2013

Well Mr Hayes DVD is the first ever to get me in a sweat, broken down into different sections that you can select and make your own workout plan:

Warm up 11mins

shadow boxing 22mins

circuits 16mins

abbs and core 20 mins

conditioning 26 mins

cool down 11 mins

I did the lot because i love the burn but you can just do one little bit at you level - some eye candy too :wink:

May I join please, I did try last year but failed, I hope to do better this year. My OH has lost a lot of weight over the last two years and now regularly runs and cycles so it is time I did my bit. I would like to get a bit fitter and if I lost a bit of weight that would be good too.

My goal this year is to walk the Rutland Round which is a walk that (more or less) follows the Rutland border. It's 65 miles in total (shan't be walking it all in one go!) split into 5 walks of 13 or so miles, so I'll need to stay reasonably fit to do it.

This sounds interesting as we are on the Rutland Northants border. Is it a walkable route? I assume :oops: so as you are intending on doing it. OH enjoys walking now. I had better start getting some training done.

Chrissie

Well I actually weighed myself this morning and have gained about 4lb (on top of the extra weight I already had) over the Christmas holidays :shock: We spend so many weekends next to rivers/lakes/pools and the only food available is burgers etc. I did start taking pasta salad with us to eat but would still end up getting a burger on the way home. YS is always starving after he's had a tournament. I'm going to have to be really firm and just say NO!! :wink: That's it definitiely, I'm going to get down to my target weight and stay there.

Spent the last couple of days decorating YS's room so hopefully that will count as a bit of exercise. :roll:

I'll join. I was doing well last year with lots of rowing but the river has been unusable since Oct :( So today my shiny new rowing m/c arrives. Will have to go in the conservatory, no where else for it. We mostly use the conservatory in the summer so I'll need to replace the leaky old summer house by summer to hold the rowing m/c in summer and to store garden furniture in winter (and camping stuff year round).

I'm planning to do lots more walking this year as well. Resolved to walk elderly neighbours dog once a week regularly then maybe increase to twice once we're in a habit. Finding time is the biggest problem

My goal this year is to walk the Rutland Round which is a walk that (more or less) follows the Rutland border. It's 65 miles in total (shan't be walking it all in one go!) split into 5 walks of 13 or so miles, so I'll need to stay reasonably fit to do it.

This sounds interesting as we are on the Rutland Northants border. Is it a walkable route? I assume :oops: so as you are intending on doing it. OH enjoys walking now. I had better start getting some training done.

Chrissie

Yes it is a walkable route all following footpaths/bridleways. It doesn't exactly follow the Rutland border as it has to follow the footpaths, and it has a detour to Rutland Water at one point on the route. I'm guessing I know which village you must live in and there is a stretch very close to you from Ketton through to Barrowden (I think that's right, I can't lay my hands on the book at the moment). If you are interested in walking it, there is a guide book which splits the walk into the 5 stages and details each stage, although an OS map would be useful too. You can get the book from the tourist info at Sykes Lane.

Well exercise bike arrived yesterday. I managed a short workout but the saddle is REALLY uncomfortable. Thank goodness I'm going for short, high intensity workouts and not intending to spend hours on it! Once OH and DS got home, they commandeered it! So hopefully, all the family will benefit (not that they need to be any fitter...just showing off I think!).

Well exercise bike arrived yesterday. I managed a short workout but the saddle is REALLY uncomfortable. Thank goodness I'm going for short, high intensity workouts and not intending to spend hours on it! Once OH and DS got home, they commandeered it! So hopefully, all the family will benefit (not that they need to be any fitter...just showing off I think!).

If you have a Wilkinsons near you they sell gel filled padded saddle covers, they aren't expensive, under a tenner and its great! I have one on my (normal) bike and it really does make such a difference :D But then I am a big wuss and also have padded cycling leggings too :oops:

You will get a degree of resistence to saddle pain, the more you cycle the more your behind gets used to it :lol:

Good to see there are a lot of us and we're all keen :D

Lillybettybabs, my friend got into a sweat just watching David Hayes, well done for doing the whole lot, did you ache today?

I did a makeover on my Brother's grave yesterday, my thighs and abs were aching about an hour after I'd finished and I've had trouble bending down today :oops: I've just walked today as I stiffen up when I sit down for any length of time, I was getting up and stepping from side to side during the adverts tonight, hubby brought me in a cup of tea and asked if I needed a wee :lol:

You want to go to Dave Earle's gym; Rosie is going and has been sparring with some of the lads.

Article in the paper today (states the bleeedingobvious :roll: ) says that standing up burns more calories than sitting down and that we spend far to much time on our bums... now tell me something I don't know :lol:

Coach?

My ex used to box when he was at Edinburgh, which accounts for his broken (3 times) nose :roll: he taught me to throw a punch effectively. It's a really good workout for the upper body and arms, we used to have a punch bag in circuit training and I once gave it such a hammering for 2 minutes that my hands were bleeding... not a good look :roll: although I did tell the lads at work the next day 'you should have seen the other guy' :lol:

Hellooo, can I join? I'm normally quite good with fitness and eating healthily, but I've had a fairly horrid few months health-wise which have knocked me for six a bit, and meant that I haven't been able to do any exercise at all, barely even a walk outside!

Things should start to get back to normal again soon (started some new treatment today which should sort things out :pray: )..... I don't normally weigh myself but am steeling myself to do it on Monday to see just how much I've put on and to start leading in gently next week to exercising regularly again and regaining my fitness. :D

I have recently discovered 'parkrun' and am going to my first one at Wimpole Hall on Saturday morning (weather tbc). The other thing that some folk might like is the NHS 'Couch to 5K' plan, it comes with an app and all sorts of gadgets and is a free download. The running group I go to runs a couple of groups, 34 people turned up on Monday for the first session!!

Good luck all. My downfall is evening snacking!