sadietoo

The Royal Baby..

For some strange reason I am thinking Leopold - don't know why and I partly hope not for the little mites sake but it could be shortened to Leo! :) (Possibly Queen Victoria had a Leopold?)

Kate and William do seem to do things slightly differently so maybe they will go for something not quite so traditional!

My colleague and I like the sound of King Keith, but don't see that happening...

:lol::lol::lol:

We were only saying the other day that Keith isn't a name you hear so much these days, perhaps that could spark a revival!

Personally I feel very sorry for the poor little soul. Today someone was ranting on the radio about all children being born equal, but whilst priveliged in many ways, this little'un has his future mapped out for him, whether he likes it or not. :( That's not equal imo.

Re the media coverage, and to paraphrase Sir Winston Churchill (who became the model for all babies), "never before, in the field of human history has so much been said about so little, for so long..."

A friend suggested that they should honour the Greek side of the family and call him Stavros!

My money is on a name like James, with a Scottish link. Also (as Bramble mentioned) using Spencer as a middle name.

Lovely news, & didn't they look happy when they left hospital?

Kate looked wonderful - not at all like a woman who has just given birth, although my sister did say she was walking a bit funny :lol:

I reckon they may honour their brothers with the middle names, so James Henry (as opposed to Henry James!), may be there.

Maybe something traditional but more unusual like Louis , Alexander or Arthur?

I love the prospect of another King Arthur :P

My money is on a name like James, with a Scottish link. Also (as Bramble mentioned) using Spencer as a middle name.

Someone said that it was unlikely to be James as too many close relatives are already called James.

DD was very worried that if it had been a girl it may have been called Alexandra which was faourite in some polls , DD called her baby that and didn't want there to be lots in her school year.

Chrissie

He looks like a George or an Albert with his little angry face.

Thank goodness for this forum, you wouldn't believe the man-moaning on Twitter. If it's not bad news it's not news apparently.

I've loved seeing all the cheery crowds and union flags and it's traditional for a nation to celebrate the arrival of a new heir.