Eggasperated

Sweetpeas

Sweet Peas are my thing and each year I sow just short of a hundred seeds. This year, since our winter was so bad, I didn't plant them out till the very end May/ beg of June, so they are only a couple of feet tall. However, with this amazing sunshine , they are all in flower :roll: Hoping they will grow a bit too. Should be such a good year for them. Btw, did you know comfrey is a brilliant fertiliser for them :?::?:

Interesting that they like Comfrey, mine is going mad this year, as is the Borage. I will give them some in a liquid feed.

Is the sweet peas which are going mad or the comfrey :?: OH and I picked some more comfrey tonight. If it doesn't break down sufficiently before the end of the summer I'm going to try and store it over winter, somewhere frost free. That way I'll have a great vat of it next spring, just when I need it. :D

Interesting that they like Comfrey, mine is going mad this year, as is the Borage. I will give them some in a liquid feed.

Is the sweet peas which are going mad or the comfrey :?: OH and I picked some more comfrey tonight. If it doesn't break down sufficiently before the end of the summer I'm going to try and store it over winter, somewhere frost free. That way I'll have a great vat of it next spring, just when I need it. :D

The Comfrey and Borage are going mad, sweet peas are disappointing this year. I also planted some wild sweet pea seeds and they've not appeared.

I also planted some wild sweet pea seeds and they've not appeared.

I tried perennial sweet peas 2yrs ago. kept them going for a year but lost them during last year's vile winter. For all things related to sweet peas I go here.http://www.eaglesweetpeas.co.uk/ Other places are available :D

I bought some sweet pea plants from the garden centre this year, but also planted Cupani from seed. They are my favourite with lovely purple flowers and smell wonderful. H garden centre plants have done nothing, but my the plants from seed are 3' tall now and starting to flower.

* a tip for flea beetles is to pick a bunch of 'peas, then leave them in a vase of water in the shed with the door open. In an hour or so, the beetles head towards the light.....