Alis girls

Beat this!!

If you are a mum of teenage boys then be warned - I found 6 - yes 6 mugs in ES's bedroom today :shameonu::twisted::twisted: Not a happy mummy. His excuse " :doh: I fort you came in everyday" - this from a lad hoping to go to uni so hes not fick just lazy. I pointed out I left the house at 7am for work and OH didnt notice lack of mugs - why I dont know - surely he would think "er nuffink to put my morning coffeeeee in" but no.

Mums of pre teen boys look away - you have it all to come :shock:

I have a "mum" mug but even that was in there. :roll: Nothing is sacred. I have introduced him to the laundry bin - and that is better except that I am informed the stuff on top of it isnt for washing :shock: This is confusing for a menopausal woman who is confused generally without having to read the signals the males of the species think they send to us. Are girls any better? I have told him Penecillin has already been discovered and growing mould in our mugs isnt something I want to encourage. I expect Louis Pasteur's mum felt the same way and he discovered and grew all sorts of things. Sadly ES wants to go into maths. Ratio of mugs in bedroom to those in dishwasher............. :lol:

Teenaged daughters do it too Ali.

Rosie has stropped off to her dad's for a few days and I am taking the opportunity to sanitise her room... 5 cereal bowls, with accompanying mould, 8 dessert spoons, 5 teaspoons, 2 mugs, a tray with a plate of leftover food in the bottom of her wardrobe and assorted bottles half full of sports drinks :evil:

That's not mentioning the mountains of dirty clothes stuck to the floor.

i have boy/girl twins that are 17.

My son is very tidy and knows how to use the washing machine, and dishwasher, keeps his room reasonably clean, usually hangs up the ironing withing 2 days of me putting it in his room. Can't cook for toffee and makes a terrible cup of tea.

My daughter lives in a pig sty, bin overflowing, mugs, plates, rubbish, clothes (both dirty and clean) strewn everywhere so you can barely see the floor, bed never made, make up products decorating the desk/bed/floor/bathroom sink etc. But she can cook a variety of dishes and makes a wicked cup of tea!

It will be interesting to see if that changes in either of them when they go to uni!

YS is following in ED footsteps as far as i can tell, but without the tea talent!

And hubby is always leaving mugs and glasses in the garage.

I feel for you - i work with 3 men and they all seem tidy to the point of being anal :lol: I am not sure which is preferable. I suspect they are under their partners thumbs. I know my boss is. His OH's reputation follows her around.

The Boy is very tidy - he's up visiting at the moment and doing some decorating for me; I know that it will be all tidied and washing up done when I get back 8)

I have this problem with both my boy and my girls. My boy is awful with his under wear, I can come out with a couple of week's worth when I change his bed. Unfortunately my YD is a slob too, I was too when I was a teen, so hopefully they will grow out of it. :roll:

I don't allow food in bedrooms, but YD is a madam and thinks that is ok to help herself to chocolate & crisps from the kitchen cupboards and the to stuff the wrappers in drawers and down the side if her bed. I have always had a policy about asking for food and what is wrong with her bin? Too many ignored rules, we keep having words at the moment. :twisted:

I have already told Rosie that she will NOT be attending uni anywhere near here as she needs to live away from home. I have always brought her up to be independent and fend for herself; I think she's suffering form temporary amnesia... in fact, I am convinced that teenagers are a completely different species.

I actually once offered her a monetary incentive to keep her room tidy; I refuse to give her pocket money as she gets everything paid for, and has to earn any extra by doing chores or holiday jobs. This was all scuppered when the ex decided to give her money :evil:

Stuff, in general, seems to migrate to ES bedroom(in much the same way that all half timbered Morris Minors migrate to Bournemouth, disappear for a while then reappear on the Isle of Wight!)

On the rare occasions that I can be brave enough to arm myself with bin bags and various sanitizing products I am amazed at the haul retrieved....many mysteries are solved. I am sure that his room is like the Tardis (but so much messier!) Food and drink, with the exception of water (accompanied by dried bread :wink: !) are banned upstairs but I did get my deerstalker hat on when all but one pack dissapeared from a 14 multi pack of Hula Hoops. When I confronted ES with the 13 remaining packs, found under his bed, he seemed surprised that I had noticed :roll:

I even found my eyebrow tweezers on his bedside table :shock::think: