Egluntyne

Omleteers fit for 2014

I got on the scales this morning for the first time in ages and was delighted to read that I've lost nearly a stone. Considering some of my new weight is my lovely newly developed muscles, that is a good amount of horrid fat gone from me. It's so encouraging and makes all the effort worthwhile.

That's great news Jude :clap:

No scales, but things feel looser clothes-wise, and tighter muscle-wise here. I missed doing a body pump class on Wednesday, and there's no circuit training tomorrow as it's a Bank Holiday, so I went to Body Blitz this morning... a new one on me, good workout, but didn't enjoy the style or format.

Now the summer months are here, I get a half hour walk with the dogs in the morning, then a good hour every evening after work, usually somewhere hilly.

Well done Jude, that's great :clap:

I missed Body Pump on Wednesday, and there's no circuit training tomorrow as it's a bank holiday. so I went to Body Blitz this morning - new class for me; good workout, but I didn't enjoy the style or format much.

Now that the light evenings are here, I get the usual half hour dog walk in the morning before work, then a good hour afterwards, which is usually pretty hilly. Clothes feel looser and muscles feel tighter.

I was interested in Mr Wiggins indoor cycling record. 54km in an hour. I gave it a go on my exercise bike. I whacked up the resistance to make it harder and by the time the monitor read 54km it was 85 minutes. I think something is wrong there. Admittedly I have no real friction to fight, no slope and no corners and I was pedalling like fury but that is unrealistic for a middle aged woman. It was fun to have a challenge though and now I have a new set of figures to chase. I will see how long it takes me to pedal 50km on my particular monitor which I don't altogether trust and work to reduce that.

I was starving at the end but didn't know the correct things to eat at that point so any ideas about that would be great.

Bradley Wiggins was inspirational wasn't he! When you think 54km is around 33mph that is a phenomenal speed to keep doing for a whole hour!!

Gosh, I have NEVER even got up to 33mph on my bike, even downhill :oops:

I'm doing a 5k run tonight with a local running club. Haven't quite got to the end of C25K yet, but should still be a good challenge!

And now I've started Nordic walking - went for my first intro session this morning and I'm amazed at how good I felt. Still need lots of practice, so I'm joining the big group tomorrow morning. Instructor lives a couple of minutes away from where DS works, so I drop him off and then go to her house and she's taking me to Frensham Little Pond. Really looking forward to it.