Groovychook

The Weather Thread # 8

We had some torrential showers yesterday too with sunny intervals in between. We were in Asda in the late afternoon and then we heard a weird noise, at first we thought it was a truck being wheeled along another aisle, then we thought it was the air conditioning, before we realised it was the heavy rain battering the roof, it was so heavy that you couldn't see across the pavement outside. By the time we came out it was sunny and blustery again.

It's like The Day After Tomorrow...I'm expecting some dodgy CGI wolves to wander across the road any minute!

My brave guard dog is currently trying to live up my left trouser leg...bit of a squeeze leg/lurcher combo.

The girls are charging about as though nothing is happening.

Today mostly sunny, went for a walk, watched this huge cumulus cloud build into the anvil, cloud just neared us as we got back to the car. Went to pick up veg from Mandy's farm and it started raining. By the time we got back to Laverstoke for some meat (and OH has a thing for the beef jerk) and it was torrential. When we came out the sun was out again and the journey home resembled something out of the Stormchasers on the Discovery Channel. Well - it used to be on, they pulled the plug the other year.

Saturday was mostly fine and warm after a very foggy start - there was a pretty nasty accident near Brackley in the early hours - I drove past but the emergency services had just arrived, so I didn't stop to offer first aid.

This morning is cold (4deg), frosty and foggy - it always turns cold this week in October when the Michaelmas Fair comes to town.

Yesterday was a better day than I expected, was outside all day for archery fortunately much nicer than last Saturday. Warm in the afternoon when the sun shone. About 3 we could hear thunder rumbling around but no rain, at home they had had torrential rain, large puddles as I drove home.

Today is cold 3 degrees and it was a bit misty but clearing now.

Chrissie