Groovychook

The Weather Thread # 8

Typical Cornish winter morning. Cold but no pretty frost, dark, feeling damp and windy. Enough of winter already. Hate it

I was thinking just that when I took the dog out this morning. The grass is still growing because it's still mild but it's too darn soggy to mow it!

Not enough time during daylight hours to get everything I need to do done either :(

Very mulberry bush yesterday. Then rain in the afternoon and evening. Went to pick son up on late shift and the windscreen wipers just made it horribly smeary - had to get out, wipe the blades and the screen as the soapy wash didn't help. Better trip home, the wiping did the trick. Torrential overnight and we just have sunshine and a fair bit of blue sky for a short while at least.

We had the most almighty downpour yesterday. I'd had to pop into town at lunchtime and the sky went as black as night.

After a few heavy showers this morning, it's been quite a pleasant day. Lots of sunshine and fairly mild.

Could do with a few more of those to dry the ground out. It's getting ever so squelchy out there :roll:

Friday was vile here all day - very low cloud/mist, rain and dark; I was driving all day, and it was amazing how many people thought it was OK to drive on motorways without lights on!

10deg here this morning, much milder and not raining yet. Am taking Madam to a running expo down in Surrey, so would appreciate better driving conditions than yesterday.

Weird changeable weather here, yesterday was dark and wet. We walked to a restaurant at about 8.30pm and it was blowing a gale and quite chilly but dry, by the time we walked home at about midnight it was completely calm and much warmer but a bit drizzly. This morning it was sunny to start then it lashed down and now it is 14.5 degrees and over cast. I gather that temperatures are going to plummet by tomorrow with it struggling to get to 6 degrees by Monday. :roll: