Bramble

Colour Advice and Morale Boost ... Please!!!

Sadly all our doors and windows are uPVC so don't need painting.

I would ignore the neighbours and carry on painting

You can get Purple UPVC! :wink::lol:8)

Wow, I did not know that! I knew you could get brown wood coloured ones, but not different colours. Might have to look into that in future 8)

Just looked up both colours and the regal blue is much nicer than the oxford in my opinion. I think you chose a lovely colour. It probably looks a bit bold now as all your houses have looked the same since being built. Defiantly time to show your homes identity :D

So agree with everyone else. Your neighbour, (the self appointed denizen of good taste :shock: ) appears to have a personality problem How rude and small minded. I certainly wouldn't pay any attention to the opinion of someone who has managed to get to adulthood without acquiring any manners ! You go girl and paint your gate any colour you darn well please.!

BTW - let us know where you live so we can avoid buying a house near your neighbour. :wink:

I think it's his neighbour you need to watch out for, not mine!!!!!! :wink::eh::anxious:

You can get Purple UPVC! :wink::lol:8)

You tell me that now Cinnamon!!!!!!!!! :wink::whistle::angel:

QUICK EVERYONE PAINT SOMETHING IN BRIGHT COLOURS TO SUPPORT OUR OMLET FRIEND..... :)

:dance::lol:

Thank you very much, everyone, you've made me feel so much better - it's a shame we can't all live in the Omlet Forum, it seems much nicer here than "out there" :anxious::anxious:

When I've done the gate (the same colour as the front door :angel: I'll do my best to figure out how to post a photo ...

Have a fun filled action packed day everyone!!!!

Sounds lovely, I had a peek at the colour and I would say it a respectable front door colour. When I bought my first bedsit flat I painted my front door sunflower yellow, when the guy who bought it from me came to view, he said 'only a woman could paint a door that colour' :twisted: it was cheerful and only visible to the other 5 flats on my floor.

I do know that it us becoming increasingly common for developers to put covenants in place about the same colour schemes remaining for a certain length of time. Boring if you ask me.

Go out there with your head held high and paint the gate to match :D

I think it will look lovely when the gate matches as well. :D Really like a home rather than fitting in with the 'magnolia taste' of the developers (and neighbourly denisons of taste)

You can, by the way, get bright turquoise UPVC - a house near me has it and though very bright it does in fact look very nice.

Does anyone remember a programme where Sarah Beany tried to get everyone in a street to make their house fronts all the same? They looked nice in a TV programme sort of way, but not surprisingly it never took off because it just is not real life. Most of us strive to be seen as individuals.

It's a lovely colour and pooh to your neighbour.

When a neighbour of mine was chatting to another neighbour she said she was thinking of painting her horrible front door (which was like a dark brown - as was ours - the other houses in the cul-de-sac were various shades of brown) and the other lady was horrified - she said you cannot change it because it says the appearance is not to be altered in the deeds. She then went on to have the front of her house rebuilt and extended and changed her front door. The old hippo! To my mind that is altering the appearance and not the colour of the door. So after that my nice neighbour had a new front door and it's oak and beautiful. We have a new oak door too and everyone has changed their doors now! :lol:

Thanks, that's the annoying thing, really, the neighbour concerned is having a "conservatory" built at the moment (an awful lot of bricks and not much glass for a conservatory, in my view, but unlike him, I haven't said anything!!!), he'd got problems getting some of the building materials into his garden, so some of them have gone in to his garden via mine - I don't have a problem with that, or at least I didn't 'til he started making comments about my door - how rude ... anyway, gate WILL be painted to match the door, decision made, like it or lump it, neighbours!!!

Good decision.

Just a thought was he definitley being serious when he made comments about the colour I have a friend who made comments about the colour of something, I could have easily taken offence but I know him well enough to know he was joking and didn't mean it but someone who didn't know him as well would have taken him literally.

Seems very off when you have been so helpful to the neighbour. Some people :?

Chrissie

Well I did the gate yesterday :anxious: Well, one coat is on, I'm hoping a second won't be needed, but I'll see how it's dried. I still like the colour and the gate looked ok, I thought when I left this morning - it doesn't look like overkill having door and gate in the same colour, so I think you are all right (as usual) ... stuff the neighbours ...

And now to dye your hair to match :lol::anxious:

Ohh yes! :lol:

Well I did the gate yesterday :anxious: Well, one coat is on, I'm hoping a second won't be needed, but I'll see how it's dried. I still like the colour and the gate looked ok, I thought when I left this morning - it doesn't look like overkill having door and gate in the same colour, so I think you are all right (as usual) ... stuff the neighbours ...

My front door and front gate are the same colour and I think it looks great, it all ties in together :)