Daphne

Cleaning shower screens

Number one son has a thing about his hair being . . . perfect . . . so uses hairspray by the gallon. So I get "he's made it sticky everywhere!" complaints all the time. Having tried numerous methods (and discovering that the lacquer helps protect the taps somewhat) Mr Muscle seems to do the trick. Even where our towel rails seem to heat up so much that the cotton fluff from the towels stick to the chrome bits - Mr Muscle comes to the rescue. And no scrubbing either - just dissolves whatever is there and it comes out . . . well . . . how it used to be, sort of apart from usual wear and tear! The mirror is gleaming with no little stray glue spots. Yes, follow up with the glass wipe thing and ugh, I see my reflection. :shock:

Been looking into these Karcher window vacs. I'm torn, as usual there are mixed reviews so I can't make my mind up :wall: .

I love mine, you get the odd streak and have to go sideways on indoor windows otherwise the base hits the ledge before you reach the bottom of the window. My windows are so much cleaner than they were before I got it. If you use the concentrate with the fluffy attachment to wash the window the trick is to have it very wet then the vac runs smoothly on the window. I tend to still keep a cloth with me to wipe around the window frame which tends to get wet to and to give around the edges a wipe.

I have thoroughly scrubbed out the shower cubical in our en suite this morning, because we have DS's girlfriend coming to stay and it is the only decent shower in the house. I don't use it in the winter, I prefer to have a nice hot bath, but YD does and she had left it in a right state but it is sparkling now though :D

OK, I'm still mulling over my options, but I love the fact that so many of you have replied with so many different and helpful suggestions. There aren't many places you'd get such a diverse, yet trustworthy range of views, and I think we could charge any number of product/service companies good money to act as their focus group :lol:

I'm going to give the Barkeeper's Friend a go, and then next year splash out on a Karcher thing - I find myself watching their adverts and wishing I had one. On a related topic, today I saw something I bet "Ooops, word censored!"ody else has.....a shower screen made of that glass reinforced with bits of metal through it :shock:

I've been reading this with interest, now have a shower screen in the cottage and it is covered in limescale marks (different water over the border in Worcestershire!). I've managed to get a lot off with astonish, and am now using a squeegee to remove water after each shower, will see how it goes.

Whatever you do, don't use Cillit Bang :evil: I had a bottle in a supermarket home delivery (substituted for own brand cleaner) and it just leaves smears on every surface, you have to wash again to get it off, horrid stuff :evil:

I like ecloths for glass. But I love my funny green glove with an e cloth on one side and green dreadlocks for dusting on the other. Super thing that is. The only problem I have with those is that they catch on my rough skin. I don't use gloves because I like to feel when things are clean.