Cat tails

Trip to London!

Gosh, you packed a lot in! I think most Londoners would agree with you about the Tube, but we don't have any choice.

I think your itinerary was great, a good mix of sights and shopping. Still, as a Londoner living in easy reach of the city, of course I hardly ever do any of those things myself! I'm glad you found people friendly.

I'm so glad you had a good trip. I love London and feel quite proud of it. It has it's dirty underbelly but where doesn't?

I'm always pleased when people say they've had a good visit. I was in town last week at the Crime Exhibition and am doing touristy things Monday coming. I like mooching around the streets.

I didn't know Libertys was quite so modern.

Glad you enjoyed your trip to London - We enjoyed ours too as there are so many things to do and see - the shops are awesome and the city to see via the buses we used was just wonderful. So multi cultural compared to where I live and my friends live too. Everyone was very very friendly and the only thing was the hotel was a bit of a dive!!

We visited London in 2001 and 2002 and had quite "Ooops, word censored!"py and expensive hotels during those trips. This was great and cheap compaired!

We didn't do the touristy bus tours, but had our Visitor Oyster passes, which are capped at only £6,40 a day and useable in zones 1 and 2. Great option as our hotel was very close to an Underground station. Took the bus a few times to see a bit more of the city too.

I'm very used to a multi cultural environment as I live very close to The Hague and work in Rotterdam. But I did enjoy seeing the different neighbourhoods.

Tower of London:

th_IMG_6864_2_zps1pza26ke.jpg

With very cool animals made out of chicken wire:

th_IMG_6852_zpsib6r342s.jpg

A bit more of the city:

th_IMG_6947_zpsvyo4wkam.jpg

What do mean building site:

th_IMG_6926_zpslll2lwwl.jpg

th_IMG_6947_zpsvyo4wkam.jpg

th_IMG_6952_zpsxptm3mu9.jpg

th_IMG_7192_zps4hltx0gt.jpg

th_IMG_7013_zps43vgcivt.jpg

Chinese president blocked my view... Well sort of.

th_IMG_7014_zpsqgos28pj.jpg

Harry Potter studio!!!

th_IMG_7114_zpscr0ihpjp.jpg

th_IMG_7149_zps9on8a1cd.jpg

th_IMG_7158_zpsywqn6neq.jpg

th_IMG_7164_zpsizystsqf.jpg

Weird place... M&M store...

th_IMG_7204_zpsarvgg0k1.jpg

And I really do love squirrels! :shh:

th_IMG_7264_zpsmy9rnsos.jpg

We had the 10:00 slot at the studio, which was fortunate. It wasn't that busy round that time. When we left, there was quite a long que at the entrance and loads of buses parked outside.

We had lovely weather on Thuesday, some rain on Wednesday and quite a nice day on Thursday. A lot warmer than we anticipated anyway...

Enjoy the Zoo!

We had the 10:00 slot at the studio, which was fortunate. It wasn't that busy round that time. When we left, there was quite a long que at the entrance and loads of buses parked outside.

We also booked the first tour of the day....well worth doing as, as long as you don't dawdle too much, you pretty much avoid the crowds. Diagon Alley was ours alone when we got there and we have some good pics which we couldn't have got if it was heaving.

If anyone is thinking of doing the Christmas tour...go for it! Thats the one that we did two years ago and the great hall is set up for the Christmas feast.

What was you absolute favourite bit of your whole trip, Cat tails? (Apart from the tea, of course :wink: )