The Dogmother

Uni offers

How is everyone doing?

Rosie has an offer from Bristol (Zoology) :D

She is waiting from Manchester, Edinburgh (favourite) and has a recommendation from Reading for immediate interview and unconditional offer based on her application/personal statement (she's not so keen on this one)

Plans at the moment are for a year out to work on a conservation project in Costa Rica.

Wish there'd been all these opportunities in my day.

Woohoo and well done Rosie. It's all so exciting! My daughter wants to work in media and in particular TV production. She has an offer from Portsmouth, interview at Bournemouth coming up and waiting to here from Westminster and Ravensbourne. They were all good, nothing really not to like about them. Her plan is to defer and work in the industry for a year either as a runner or get an apprenticeship and see how it goes ie if she can move up the ladder without a degree. She has done quite a bit of work experience with C4, Freemantle and ITN on various programs and had to work hard but had great great fun. Yes, I wish all this had been around when I was 17. Meanwhile, we have had great days out looking at all the universities, in particular Porstmouth was very well presented as an Open Day.

Well done to Rosie - she is obviously a hard worker. I hope she gets where she wants! Costa Rica sounds amazing!!!! Sometimes these things can be a bit basic in the accommodation dept but at least she will get a decent cup of coffee :dance:

Clucker1 - thats a sensible way of approaching media...hope all goes well for her; experience is never wasted!

DM, If you mean gap year opportunities then its never too late - allegedly. My lovely school lift share partner's parents are off to Peru on their gap year in Feb and they are......well, lets just say slightly older than the normal gap yearers 8) I plan to toddle off round India at some point with my backpack attached to my zimmer frame :whistle:

Well done Rosie! Gosh, was it really this time last year I was in this position, waiting for my daughters uni offers? Bristol do seem to offer straight away, and some wait until the final date before saying no (I'm looking at you Imperial College London grr!) I love Bristol, and the uni is really nice. Sadly my daughter is struggling, but *at a whisper as I don't want her to hear* she is talking about where to live next year! So maybe she will go back after Christmas :pray:

Is she going to accept her fave offer, if she gets it, and then defer for a year? Sounds like a fantastic experience if she does it, and all that experience will do wonders for her at uni and beyond.

Is it St Andrews or Edinburgh that Rosie is waiting to hear from, my daughter is in her 2nd year at St Andrews now, she went straight into 2nd year so is still doing 3 years. I'm sure you know they don't make any offers till after the January deadline.

If it is St Andrews and theres anything she wants to know just let me know.

Is it St Andrews or Edinburgh that Rosie is waiting to hear from, my daughter is in her 2nd year at St Andrews now, she went straight into 2nd year so is still doing 3 years. I'm sure you know they don't make any offers till after the January deadline.

If it is St Andrews and theres anything she wants to know just let me know.

Sorry. Brain in another place when i was typing; had just been talking to a friend about their child going to St Andrews... she's applied for Edinburgh. .. her dad was there.

Phew!!! She has an offer from Edinburgh, pending her results, and they are looking for AAB. Now just got to get those exams out of the way, and get the grades.

The year out is taking place; she and the BF have been saving up like mad, and are hoping to go to NZ, Oz and the US around the conservation project in Costa Rica. :shock: Blimey!!!!