Groovychook

Just lost my dog

My dog Tinker died this afternoon :cry:

He came in after his walk, ate his tea and I turned around to find him lying on the floor. He'd had a heart attack.

He's been diagnosed with a heart murmur a few months ago and had been on medication. He was an excitable little chap and we'd been doing our best to keep him calm recently. After a walk, his favourite thing was to charge around the house at top speed. I'd calmed him after his walk today but he must have over exerted himself. We just stroked him whilst he slipped away.

We're heartbroken. He was a rescue dog, only about 9 years old. We'd had him for seven years.

The house is very quiet. Missing him so much already :(

I'm so sorry :( What a horrid thing to happen, I'm sure he will leave a massive hole in your life and it will take you a long while to adjust to life without him. At some time in the future you will be able to be grateful he died quickly and with you after doing something he loved, but until then, just let yourself grieve when you need to, and comfort yourself by remembering him with all his madcapness the rest of the time. RIP Tinker :(

So sorry.

I can only repeat what everyone else has said.

He was a lucky dog to find you and his forever home, you obviously loved him very much. As endings go he couldn't have wished for a better one, a nice walk, food and his family with him.

There will always be a hole xxx

"Before humans die, they write their last will and testament, giving their home and all they have to those they leave behind. If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I’d ask…

To a poor and lonely stray, I’d give my happy home; my bowl and cozy bed, soft pillow and all my toys; the lap, which I loved so much; the hand that stroked my fur; and the sweet voice that spoke my name.

I’d will to the sad, scared, shelter dog the place I had in my human’s loving heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

So, when I die, please do not say, “I will never have a pet again, for the loss and the pain is more than I can stand.”

Instead, go find an unloved dog, one whose life has held no joy or hope, and give my place to him.

This is the only thing I can give…

The love I left behind.

– Author Unknown

7.31.14 - Dog's Last Will & Testament2

It is... thank you for posting it and thank you everyone else for your lovely messages.

I know it's early days, but I'm finding it very hard to adjust to life without my little friend. Every little thing I do triggers off memories and the tears come flooding back! He was such a character, followed me everywhere. We've had a few smiles too, remembering all the capers and fun.

Found a few nice photo's of him.

w3hbJ8Om.jpg

PYYciPrm.jpg

f3PsHnPm.jpg

Sitting in his funny little yoga pose!

Love his yoga pose :D

It will be hard for a while :(

Just as I thought I got used to the idea something would set me off.

I would find my own private time in the shower and then blame the shampoo for getting in my eyes which of course it didn't.

Pets are a big part of our lives and we love them just like any other member of our family xxx