Roksteddie

Chicken CCTV

So our new batch of girls have arrived today (after our previous fox tragedy). We've repositioned the coop and run which means I can no longer see them out of our kitchen window. After going back and forth about 20 times in the last hour and with this awful weather I need a solution. I wondered if anyone has a camera set-up that allows them to keep an eye on their chickens either on their computer or on their phone. It might sound a bit excessive, but part of the fun of having chickens is just watching their antics and I don't want to miss out! Any suggestions greatly welcomed.

hi

we have one of those "ring" door bells , you can see and answer your door from an app on your phone from anywhere, they do stick up cameras that you can add to the same system too , i am hoping to add one to our back yard to do exactly what you want . Maybe worth a look x

Would you mind letting me know what brand of system/model number please?

I've done this a few times in the past.

Originally we had a cheap infra red camera in the Go which was £30 on eBay and then I got a wireless IP camera for the run. We didn't end up running power to the run so it wasn't installed but would be easy enough to do, the camera works fine but the app wasn't great a few years ago. Probably much better now.

It was one of these Tenvis IP Cameras

hubby put our camera up today in the garden and it took about 5 mins to link to our ring door bell and about 2 to fix up, the most time spent was deciding where to put it :roll: its not the best quality but easy and just what we needed , we can now watch what goes on in the run whenever we want and can look back and see anything going on in the garden at night too . I will get the solar panel to keep it permanently charged too at some point then it wont need to be moved inside to charge up at all .

i have no power in my hen run, so i run 50 metes cat 5 cable to the hen run

i had to get the following poe switch which connects into your router

reolink poe camera i got 520 you can get these on amazon either  dual pack or single

the cameras plugs into pow switch and network cable plugs in to the pow uplink from your router.

happy to give you more information on this if required it does work and can see on your phone.