patsylabrador

Went on my favourite walk today.

We catch the river bus to Surrey Quays, visit the city farm there and then walk towards Westminster. The pub is nice in a cosy, proper pub kind of way. Very friendly, a bit sweary but yummy food and nice loos. I love this walk so much. I thought you'd all like to see the Eglu in the farm orchard. The farm is free but I think donations are very welcome if you're ever passing. The point is to educate city kids about other aspects of their world. 

DSC00240-01.jpeg

DSC00231-01.jpeg

DSC00210-01.jpeg

DSC00220-01.jpeg

IMG_20190115_165801-01.jpeg

DSC00286-01.jpeg

DSC00272-01.jpeg

DSC00295-01.jpeg

• Like 3

Question Jude, as my all knowing super Londener!

I have a morning to fill in London and we want to do an outside activity (as we’ll be in the theatre the rest of the afternoon and evening). Anything to recommend to do with my mom and cousin of 13? She loves Harry Potter, she hates any kind of animal... (my cousin, not my mom)

Lol. Well I highly recommend the river bus from Westminster to the O2 or Greenwich. MBNA Thames Clippers is it's website name. You can use your oyster card or contactless to pay. They're large, comfortable with toilets and a coffee bar. The staff are friendly and helpful. If you're all up for it you can walk over the O2. It's really fun and again the staff are friendly and helpful. Something we did recently was to visit the crypts under old churches in the city. They're free and fascinating. I love the big museums but my favourite is the Museum of London and the area around Brick Lane is great to wander around. Museum of London, Brick Lane and Whitechapel all in same area roughly. There are nice coffee stalls in the fronts of most of the old churches and the people running them are sometimes mines of local information. Depends on what mood they're in. We check out Secret London websites and pick one place that sounds curious and make that our starting point. The City of London police museum near Guildhall is interesting, it's slightly difficult to find but is also near museum of London. It's a different force to Metropolitan police which lots of people don't realise. 

• Like 1