The Dogmother

Get those brains into gear - puzzle to solve

Let's get our brains into gear after the festive fog....

I am looking for a short snappy name for something to do with chickens; I can't give too much away at this stage, but it will become clear in due course. I am obviously not in a creative place at the moment and nothing is coming to mind, but this will need a clear title, sort of similar to The Nesting Box on here, but obviously not that.

Answers on a postcard please folks.

Poule Pool, Poule Place, Chick Spot.

I'm reminded here that when a new clay pigeon discipline was invented (long ago in England) suggestions for the name were asked for and the winner was 'Skeet', which I seem to remember is the Swedish word for 'shoot'. So perhaps there is a nice foreign word for chicken 'stuff' which still sounds appropriate.

Strictly Cluckers, Clucking Mad, Peck Pointers, Feathered Friends, That's Hentertainment, Chicken Chat, Winging It, Wattle We Do Now, Beaky Banter, Beaky Blinders, Chickenlicious, 

Forgot to add Bocking Mad, Starting from Scratch, Laying Down The Law, Lay Lady Lay.........I have to say, DM, a tad more info would help 😂!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WOW!!!! What a response, and some good names too 😀

It's no secret, but still half-formed, so I am reluctant to say too much for now, BUT.... here's part of the plan:

I have been asked by some localish outlets to supply chicken keeping courses on their premises; I currently only do restricted freelance work (courses) in the immediate area, but they are getting very subscribed (especially the Advanced course) and that's without any promotion by the current venue. Also on the increase has been the work for poultry product companies - so product development, writing copy for websites, social media and publications. Also product reviews and talks at events.

I had been keeping it limited as I have a proper full-time job, plus animals to be getting on with, but Rosie is at uni now and I am looking to devote more time to something which I really enjoy, but it has to pay!    Sooo, I am having a website set up by a friend, and I want to link in 2 social media platforms (I know... ME on social media!!! :shock: :lol:). I have a blog (for 'honest John' type product reviews) and a facebook page (for advice, posting and diary type entries, plus a group chat) both currently in draft format, and they need names. The email that I use for the chicken work has Chicken Whisperer in the name (was set up by Rosie :roll:) but I can't use that on the site titles as that is used by a relatively large website in the US.

2 similar or related names would be good, one for the blog and one for the facebook site. The blog currently has the (draft) name 'All Things Poultry, by The Chicken Whisperer'.... never ask your children to help name dogs or things!

• Like 1

That sounds great!  We’ll be your marketing team.   How about Chicken Likin,  Dr Cluck ( as in ‘come for a consultation with Dr Cluck’) Clucking Times, Chick Fest, The Hentastic Times, Nesting Time, Roosting Time,  Roost and natter ( like Knit and natter) Come perch with me,  Egg and Tips,  Crow and claws......   I think I’ll have a lie down now...... 

• Like 1

If you are looking for two names that are in some way related then I guess they'll need to have one common word which very clearly describes the premise? Chicken Shed/Chicken Chat. Clucking Mad/Clucking Talk. Chicken Whisperer/Chicken Talk. Which Comes First/Chicken and Egg. Henmania/Hentertainment. Henfo/Hengoss. Chick'n'Egg/Chick'n'Talk.

I used to be very dismissive regarding big London Ad agencies but now I begin to see why they make big bucks 😂

On 1/5/2020 at 5:19 PM, The Dogmother said:

WOW!!!! What a response, and some good names too 😀

It's no secret, but still half-formed, so I am reluctant to say too much for now, BUT.... here's part of the plan:

I have been asked by some localish outlets to supply chicken keeping courses on their premises; I currently only do restricted freelance work (courses) in the immediate area, but they are getting very subscribed (especially the Advanced course) and that's without any promotion by the current venue. Also on the increase has been the work for poultry product companies - so product development, writing copy for websites, social media and publications. Also product reviews and talks at events.

I had been keeping it limited as I have a proper full-time job, plus animals to be getting on with, but Rosie is at uni now and I am looking to devote more time to something which I really enjoy, but it has to pay!    Sooo, I am having a website set up by a friend, and I want to link in 2 social media platforms (I know... ME on social media!!! :shock: :lol:). I have a blog (for 'honest John' type product reviews) and a facebook page (for advice, posting and diary type entries, plus a group chat) both currently in draft format, and they need names. The email that I use for the chicken work has Chicken Whisperer in the name (was set up by Rosie :roll:) but I can't use that on the site titles as that is used by a relatively large website in the US.

2 similar or related names would be good, one for the blog and one for the facebook site. The blog currently has the (draft) name 'All Things Poultry, by The Chicken Whisperer'.... never ask your children to help name dogs or things!

A massive thanks for all your ideas, both on and off the forum..... so here it is: linky there are a couple more tweaks to make (not to mention up-to-date photos!) but phase 1 is more or less there.

It has taken many hours in the evenings, after my 'proper job', and the never-ending patience of the lovely and talented Harry Rose, who designed it.

The 2 social feeds on the front page will link to:

• the product review blog, where I will give totally honest reviews on products which are sent to me, or which you have asked me to review. There is no money changing hands at all for these reviews, and I hope that you find them useful. By all means, please add comments to any of the reviews as I would like to hear your thoughts on that product too.... and there's nothing like a good bit of dialogue and banter 🙂
  • the Facebook feed (yes, me on social media!) is a place to post your photos, ask for advice and to join the Hen House group for chat and tips. I will be running competitions too for you to win products. Be patient with me while I get the hang of it, and if anyone feels up to helping me to understand the world of Facebook, then I'll be eternally grateful.

I will carry on booking the courses for my current venue through their site, but will also be advertising them on this new site to increase exposure. There are also some other potential venues, which have been chasing me to provide courses for them, so I will have some dates up here as soon as I get the ends tied up. If there's a chicken supply outlet near you, and not too far from me, which you think might be good for holding courses, then please let me know; I will send you a little present as a thank you if they turn out to be good to go.

Phase 2 of the site development will include that advertising slot on the front page to feature a poultry supply company's logo for a set period of time, and then the development of the course bookings page to include other venues, and to take bookings.

I would really value your feedback and comments, so please do wade in with honest feedback.

• Like 1

Thanks P - one of the things on my list is to join loads of chickeny FB sites, but if you'd like to mention it, then that would be fab and start the ball rolling.

I know Acorn, but the venues really need to have their own chickens and also a chicken supplies shop to make it worth their while hosting a course.