Mrs Frugal

Worst room photos here!!

I'm loving snoweys room. I don't feel quite so bad now. Though mine also has a ripped lightshade and torn wallpaper. We both have small boys though :D

that utilities like mine on a good day.

Bron, what doesn't show in the picture is the wallpaper above the settee where they've stuck Thomas stickers onto the wall, and I've tried to remove them but given up because it looks worse without them :roll: And the ikea chair by the french windows has a stripey throw on it because Matthew decided to try his hand at decorating the cream cover with red permanent marker pen (along with the TV screen, lampshades, stereo, settee, coffee table and window frames) :cry::cry::cry:

Oh I am SO happy to have got back after an evening out and discovered this thread. There are real people out there with houses like mine, phew!

No, that spare room isn't mine - but it could well be, mine has a clothes-horse and several boxes of stuff in it! I'm not a Hammers fan though (I don't support any footie team, before I offend anyone).

I am feeling much, much better. Snowy, your lounge looks like that of a very good friend of mine. If children live in a house, then it should look as if they live there, and not look as if they are kept in a cupboard!

My mum did not enjoy housework, and she thought spare time was better spent reading a story, making a cake or playing a game with us. I think she was absolutely right.

We have another entry...........a bedroom this time.

Now who does this room belong to?

2146503497_56f8f944f1.jpg

Could this be Olly's? The spare room dumping ground?

And Kate - you said you couldn't find your mouse on your desk - is that your computer cupboard?

As for the utility room, hm, someone with omlet bags and a BHWT jute bag :think:

Yes, the desk is mine :oops: .

:dance: :dance: :dance: Yay, got one right!

Now where's Christian? He has logged on since we've been deliberating but hasn't said anything! Come on Christian, put us out of our misery!

Hm, back to guessing with the spare room then. OK, so a hammers fan. And a pair of hiking boots there. :think:

Kate's office looks like it has doors to shut & hide away all the post-it notes!

That's why it's so messy, Jules :lol: . I can shut the doors on everything when we have visitors :wink: . It's a big corner office cupboard from Ikea and is quite capacious because it's got all my card making and painting stuff in it as well (which probably explains why it's so messy!) as well as all the household bills and all my work stuff. It's so nice to just close the doors on it and pretend it's not there :lol: .

Yes that was my living room last night. I thought the sack barrow would be a giveaway! "Ooops, word censored!"ody elses kid wanted one of those for Christmas! The cat is asleep on a quilt that I throw over me rather than turn the heating up - James had thrown that and all the cusions on the floor and I still havn't tidied them up :oops:

All that clutter on the windowsill is actually lots of penguin figures and paperweights - which are just looking like clutter now and need to be split up and moved around the house a bit more.

Thing is that all those toys should have been put away by now. Mum is a control freak though and insists on doing it as she will also help James to sort out some old ones to take to the charity shop (its a deal that he has with Santa). Apparantly I can't do it as I'll "just throw everything in toy corner" :roll:

Oh and of course Toy Corner is the extended end of the ~Dining room and is room sized in itself - heres a couple of snaps that show the size of the beast! Oh and the mess, I'd like the plastic storage crates in all of the unit but they are quite pricey so I just buy another one whenever we go to Ikea (one of James' favourite trips!!!)

2148756622_f32a074170.jpg

2148756326_2c65a9e200.jpg

Oh yes, the cat is my Honey, I have 2 cats (scribble and honey) and Mum has one (Poppy). We have a cat flap in the connecting door so they can come and go between our houses although Mums Poppy only ever comes in here if Mum is away. My 2 spend more time in Mums than mine nowdays - also the catflap to the garden is in her door as mine are all french double glazed doors.

Last one is penguinmad

I wouldnt have thought of her having anything even slighlty messy (not that its bad at all)

Its the workbench and the trolley that make me think her though.

OMG I am a VERY messy person!!! My desk in my study is usually totally hidden by stuff and is only clean at the moment because we've had lots of visitors over Christmas. Left to me all the toys would just be thrown in a heap in Toy corner, I have a table next to my sofa that is always clutter covered, piles of shoes in the hall etc etc. Oh and you should just see the state of my classroom!!!

The one thing that keeps me tidying up is having a cleaner, I have to tidy things away before she comes so that she can actually clean things - that's why I have her twice a week for a short time rather than once a week for longer!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I am laughing so much at this thread!!

You lot are right little Miss Marples!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

THE UTILITY ROOM IS MINE! :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Googling the washing powder was genius! The bowl is used for Christmas Puddings, not chicken treats, but very good detective work!

The jam jars are a give away!

Even down to the hard water area!! :lol::lol: Brilliant!

I pm'd Kate to say should I resubmit the picture and include a suitcase to give you all an extra clue, but clearly not needed!! :lol::lol:

You didn't notice that I changed my location to include a clue though.......!

Very well done!!