Snowy

Eglu on ch 4 now

Is Kill it

Cook it

Eat it

on tonight?

If so, which side?

I think so, BBC 3 I think. Lambs tonight. I# not really sure what point they're trying to make with these programmes about eating baby animals. They seem to get distracted with saying how well brought up and how well slaughtered the examples are and they how delicious they taste.

Did you watch last night? I caught the end of it and I was shocked that the by product calves of the dairy industry are just wasted.

Jo

Did you watch last night? I caught the end of it and I was shocked that the by product calves of the dairy industry are just wasted.

Jo

if more people bought rose veal (which is welfare friendly) then quite probably more calves would be reared on for meat.

All depends if you prefer them shot at birth or for them to have a short but sweet life and that they're not wasted.

Jo

if more people bought rose veal (which is welfare friendly) then quite probably more calves would be reared on for meat.

All depends if you prefer them shot at birth or for them to have a short but sweet life and that they're not wasted.

Excellent point Poet 8)

ooh I obviously gave up on that programme too soon. I hated the way that they were putting across incomplete information in a sensational way. They were talking about fat levels in ready meals without looking why some might be higher than other like better quality ingredients like butter cheese and meat rather than weird hydrogenated fats from dubious sources.

I got the feeling this was sensation tv rather than information tv.

Shame I missed the Eglu though :shock:

I shouted 'Eglu!' :oops:

It was part of the Big Food Fight series, mainly about the amount of sugar, salt and fat in ready meals, breakfast cereal etc. As I don't buy ready meals and don't eat cereal, it wasn't hugely interesting to me.

I did too! - and then wondered how many Omleteers were doing the same thing. :roll:

I don't buy ready meals either but it explains why there is an obesity problem in this country if people don't realise what they are eating.

I worked briefly for a food company and having seen what goes in ready meals I won't touch them!

Liz