Lesley

Martins Visit

Oh Help!!!! :shock: Martin is bringing his Mum tomorrow early evening. We decided to leave the eglus in their 'natural' state as I think it is better for someone his age to see just what it entails - and that poo happens :wink:

We were going to get the pink eglu ready for him to take apart and clean with the power washer.

The forecast is for heavy rain :( So, now we've got three filthy eglus, a lawn covered in poo and now rain :twisted: Oh Joy!

What is Martin's Mother going to think :?

She's going to think 'what a great woman letting my son see the eglu at its worst! He won't want one now'. :wink:

she will of course be wrong and he will still be desperate for one - thats a very determined young man! Mum will, of course, be so swept up by your enthusiasm (and your pink eglu) that poor old Martin will end up with a pink one! 8)

He certainly sounds like a very determined young man.... and he needs to see that there is some work and responsibility in caring for animals, even such easy ones as chickens in low maintenance Eglu's., and that they still need work no matter what the weather throws at us. Even though I personally tend to delay a major clean until dry weather at the very least :wink: Somehow I don't think that there's a lot that would put him off.... he's certainly trawled the forum... so he's got to have seen a multitude of postings about chicken poo, it can't come as a suprise to him.... or can it :?

I think his Mum would be grateful to know that he's had a realistic exposure to chicken keeping, and that she's seen what it could entail.

Good luck with the visit though, I do hope it goes well :D

I think it's great that he'll see things as they really are. Not that you're not clean Lesley but chickens make mess and do need attention to keep things nice. It's good to be honest with Martin, but I doubt it will put him off. :lol: Which is great not many children I know would be as capable and aware

Then send him up here to clean mine :D

Excellent I dea Ali he could do mine en route to you :shock::lol:

It will be fine Lesley Martin seems such a nice young chap which is so rare (it seems) these days he will will easily cope with some poo and responsibility :wink:

At least his mum will also know what is the worst to come and see it is not that bad and don't forget to plug the free fertiliser angle :roll::wink::lol:

Thanks all - I'm sure now that he will cope. Just hope it doesn't send his Mum into a definite NO! :?

Carl has s"Ooops, word censored!"ed the poo out of the pink eglu and closed it up, so the girls will have to lay in the others today. The run looks like the surface of the Moon, it has so many craters :roll:

My Mum is coming tomorrow, the house looks like a pigsty, the spare room hasn'g got clean sheets and the garden is a nightmare. But what's really upsetting me is that I've been so busy at work I haven't cleaned out the poop tray all week and it stinks and it rained last night without the run cover on, and now it's a mudbath and the chickens all look filthy again after their extensive dustbathing yesterday. Up at six tomorrow to scrub I think.

just think...if Martin's Mum does decide against the Eglu, at least Martin can spend his weekends travelling around the country cleaning out other poeples eglus. Be just like having your own, eh Martin :wink::lol:

You'll all enjoy yourselves Lesely - I know you will, and I agree with everybody else that its good to see the reality of keeping pets. I'm sure Martin is under no illusions though. He's a smart kinda fella after-all :D

Hia all, just got back from Barcelona early this morning. I'm sure the visit to Lesleys will be a success. I'm really excited now!!!!!!!!

---Martin---

Bless :D:D

He reads all the posts about cleaning, muck, mud and poop and is still full of enthusiasm. I can see him ending up as the ethical, free range hen keeping equivalent of Richard Branson :D:D