The Dogmother

The Weather Thread #2

I've been cheered up by the pillocks skidding around on the ice outside my office this morning - it's amazing how many people have no idea how to drive in icy conditions. All I can hear is mad cussing and revving :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had to go out earlier and get my boss's Merc out of the ice as he'd got it stuck; rubbish rear wheel drive cars are hopeless in the ice.

Hey Claret,

You're not The new Stig are you :?:

We have rain this morning so the snow is melting away a bit, but more is forecast.

I have to go out to get birthday pressies for OH today ( he's a Valentine baby :D ), couldn't get out last week.

We went to Waitrose on Saturday at midday (hubby had run out of his favourite peanut butter that they only sell in Waitrose :roll: ) when the roads had cleared a bit and had to queue to get into the large car park and it was so busy with everyone panic buying. I think also that people had pretty much run out of food at the end of last week :shock:

I've been cheered up by the pillocks skidding around on the ice outside my office this morning - it's amazing how many people have no idea how to drive in icy conditions. All I can hear is mad cussing and revving :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had to go out earlier and get my boss's Merc out of the ice as he'd got it stuck; rubbish rear wheel drive cars are hopeless in the ice.

Hey Claret,

You're not The new Stig are you :?:

SSShhhhh!

*Glances around nervously* :shock:

Just took DD to college - boy what a nightmare - loads of traffic (possibly due to A34 closed between Newbury and Andover because of overturned lorry) but the floods across the road, some patches wider and deeper than others but then it's only going to get worse when the snow has all thawed. Still chucking it down at the moment.

Claret - you are so evil, I like it! :lol: Well done to the driver of the month!

Sandy - smack bottom for you! Arghhh! DA!!! :mrgreen:

The rain has now filled up around the edges of our new deep beds. No spuds in there for a while! Any deeper and it'll be a mini swimming pool! Still coming down hard, but at least the snow is beginning to lose - can't see the front lawn or the top lawn at the back yet!

Its been raining on and off here. Some of it wa quite heavy. There's still quite a bit of snow on the ground though, although it has helped to clear the roads. It's got much colder again in the last hour. Im dreading it freezing and then snowing on top of it.

Another great morning.

I watched the full moon set behind the hills wrapped in layers of misty cloud.

Went to grab the camera but the sun rose and the moment was gone.

Sun shone through purple and turquoise clouds; just lovely.

I cant recall ever seeing a full moonset/sunrise.

Bright and cold today and the wind has picked up.

Saw my first lambs in the fields this morning though they are not new so must have been born inside.

Feel sorry for them being born into this cold though I guess they are alright as long as it remains dry.

It looks like it has just stopped raining - we did have a little bit of sleet earlier, but it wasn't much. Clouds look brighter in the east. Still have lots of snow to go, about an inch left and a swimming pool at the end of the garden, :liar: well, not quite - thank goodness we are on a hill. Trains are delayed because of flooding in Basingstoke and apparantly Reading.

I hope the people who have lost their power get it back soon - we were luckier here, the snow didn't bring down the lines.

Edited to add - sun peeking through, yayyyyy!