The Dogmother

The Weather Thread #2

Bitterly cold here. It must have been very cold during the night as the glugs were frozen solid this morning.

I am just watching the sun come up from behind the hills in the distance, it looks like an enormous satsuma. The mackerel sky is tinged with pinks and purples.

We need some drying weather here. The water in our field ditch is getting dangerously high and threatening to overflow onto the garden. The ditch is on our property but not our responsibility. I must find out where the farmer lives and see if he can do something with it :? . Most of the fields around us have some flooding.

A cold frosty morning here. Still quite a bit of snow on the ground too. Hard to tell what we've got in store for later, it's not looking like a snow laden sky at the moment but you never know. It changes so quickly at the moment. :roll:

I'm removing myself from cube cleaning duties today. Way too chilly for that! :)

Just thought I'd edit this to say- so much for my weather forecasting skills... it's snowing again... started about 10 minutes after my original post! :oops::)

Absolutely wonderful sunrise :D:D Orange, pink blue and turquoise in wispy layers against a vibrant red background. Everything frozen.

We haven't had any snow for 10 days or so but it remains on the mountain tops. Sleet expected today.

The bullfinch pair are at the cherry again :evil::evil: but OK REALLY, I don't mind, they are such handsome birds. I could see through my bins that one had so many bright pink flower buds in his beak he reminded me of a puffin with a bill full of sand eels.

Hubby's out on a Mountain Winter Skills Exercise and has just left well wrapped up.The team's been out that often recently he's practically lived in those hills.

The girls are enjoying their steaming porridge from a dish on the lawn with the little birds hopping in and out to reach the bits that get shaken out.

Sunny, blue skies but pretty nippy here. I am a bit fed up with the BBC weather forecasts, last night they warned that overnight temps in London would reach -6 so I closed the Eglu door for the first time in months. Got up to let the girls out this morning and their Glug wasn't even frozen over :evil: Not going to do that again.

Tessa

Woke up in Yorkshire this morning - -4 deg overnight and we still have snow from Banbury on top of the van. No sunrise like yesterday - just grey/white looking sky.

It brightened as we drove south and the sun came out at one stage, warmer heer at home, but getting colder now that the sun has gone in. Not much of the snow has melted here - our road is now sheet ice in most places and I had to shovel ice out from under the wheels to get it out onto the road.

Sunny, blue skies but pretty nippy here. I am a bit fed up with the BBC weather forecasts, last night they warned that overnight temps in London would reach -6 so I closed the Eglu door for the first time in months. Got up to let the girls out this morning and their Glug wasn't even frozen over :evil: Not going to do that again.

Tessa

I was just going to agree wholeheartedly. Snow and sleet forecast here this morning

Snow , what snow?

NOTHING.

But it's just chucked down an inch in the last hour :!::!:

Hi Everyone,

Well we do not believe it after hearing of all the places though out the UK who have snow.

Today it snowed at Preesall near to Blackpool the lawns were white but alas it did not stay.

Our hens were not impressed with the snow all who were out came into the Henian Castle for a warm under the heat lamps and then feed and watered before settling down for a chat in one of the corners just like having a mothers union meeting.

Think they were all complaining about snow.

How the weather with the rest of UK and the World.

Best regards

Ian & Valerie

Snow?....no... :cry: Rain?....too blooming much :evil:

Came down this morning to a "paddy field in training" for a garden & the back porch flooded due to the man-hole cover having all it's edges stuck fast with crud off everyone's feet over a very long time! DH has released that, so the dogs can now wait in there to be let in. The chooks are slightly raised so their run is dry, although I can't see them being impressed if I don't let them out, the Orpies are straight on grass, at least they can go up in the cube if they get fed up with wet feet & the batties are fairly well protected on the patio.

When I went out to feed & let the troops out of their houses, I knocked my hood off at the batties run & it almost instantly filled with water - enough to run down my neck when I put it back on anyway :shock: I gave up after that & just got wetter :roll:

Stay warm & dry today!

Sha x

Us too Claire.

The snow that fell last night (and inch in an hour) was wettish and froze instantly, so Banbury is pretty much sheet ice this morning. Twit in my road this morning, revving his car like mad to get it out onto the ice :roll: went down and suggested that he put it into 2nd gear to keep the revs down and get it out that way - I ended up driving it out of his parking space for him!

We are forecats the same as Claire, rain followed by snow and blizzard conditions as the wind gets up.. or so they say! :roll:

It's now sleeting on top of all that ice :shock::shock::shock:

I've been cheered up by the pillocks skidding around on the ice outside my office this morning - it's amazing how many people have no idea how to drive in icy conditions... there is a surgery behind us, and what with the snow/thaw/snow/ice/sleet, it is like a skidpan. All I can hear is mad cussing and revving :lol: :lol: :lol:

Had to go out earlier and get my boss's Merc out of the ice as he'd got it stuck; rubbish rear wheel drive cars are hopeless in the ice.

We went up to Yorks with a shovel, bits of carpet and sacking in the van - hardly any snow up there at all!