The Dogmother

The Weather Thread #2

Quite a mixed bag here today. More snow - huge flakes and blizzardy. Then sun, more snow, more melting, rain, hail and a bit more snow. The girls actually came out today and grazed where I had cleared off more snow off the lawn. I also fell down the path so I wasn't a happy bunny earlier. Dented pride, bum and pinky finger! Found the tin of salt which I will be using tomorrow so I don't do the same thing again!

Hi Everyone

Here in Preesall near Blackpool there is NO snow at all just wall to wall sun and later on a cold wind.

Yes we have had snow flurries but it has not stayed.

So there you have it .

How is the weather were you live?

Allows how are your hens managing in the cold snap?

Best regards

Ian , Valerie & Baby the hen

We woke up to over 2 inches of snow yesterday! Bliss! The girls were initially terrified of it but then spent the rest of the day kicking it about! :roll:

It snowed hard for a good while, we had a loud clap of thunder too! In the afternoon, we had beautiful clear blue skies, followed by more flurries. It had started to thaw by 2pm though :( ...

It's carried on thawing overnight- much milder at 2.7 degrees. It's sleeting and the ground's very squelchy. Wish it would all melt now- everywhere looks really messy!! No ice this morning- thank goodness! :D

Weather station currently reading 8.3c :shock: It has been very wet all day with a short snow shower at lunchtime that came to nothing. We are forecast heavy snow showers this evening lasting until early tomorrow morning. I hope the snow holds off until I get home from work at 8.15pm, got to go back to work for 3 hours at 5pm :(