The Dogmother

The Weather Thread #2

Hi Everyone

Here in Preesall 400 yards from the sea , 8 miles to Blackpool , 14 miles to Lancaster and 15 miles to Preston.

The weather had been cold and overcast most of the day but around 5 p.m we have has a couple of snow flurries. So if at sea level we are getting snow flurries what are the places higher up getting???

How is the weather in your neck of the woods wherever in the Uk or the World you are living?

Best regards

Ian & Valerie

This morning was a bit cloudy, slight frost on the ground but the wind was quite warm. By lunchtime it was quite cold and we saw teeny little bits of snow/sleet but the sun came out until it set. DD came running to say her friend had snow in London, but we had nothing. About 7 this evening there was a bit of a dusting then stopped until about 8.30-ish. Quite a steady flow, but the flakes look like mica flakes - quite frosted and shiny. Sky says 10-15cms and the BBC says 15-25cms!

Just been round to a friend's for the evening, halfway through the meal her son switched the outside light on to cries of joy, and about an inch had fallen (he was very excited as they've already had a text saying school may be closed tomorrow!)

Cleared the car and drove home very slowly, and nipped up the garden to close the Cube door and remove the Superglug which was already frozen over. I just looked out of the window and the car windscreen is already covered again, it's about 40 mins since I parked. Unfortunately Work is not likely to be closed tomorrow, oh bliss oh joy - it's uphill to the Tube and I can see I'll be taking two steps forward and sliding back one!

About three inches here.

Chooks eyeing it up very suspiciously. Haven't ventured out.

I've put out double rations for the wild birds including some wet mash ... well they sneak into the run to steal it anyway ...

Have been listening to a long list of closed schools on the radio.

Car is marooned at top of the drive, so it's a day in for me as well.

An inch and a half here in central Banbury and it's snowing like mad. I'm at work, and R's school is open, although today's trip to London is off. Phil's out delivering performance cars today and left at 5am to go to Brands Hatch, apparently there's 8" down there so not sure whether he'll have to stay over.

It stopped briefly over lunchtime. Rosie's school decided to close (not sure why as all the staff live in walking distance :roll: ). Snowing heavily again now though and looking greyer too.

My folks in Herts have 6-8" of snow now and the road they live on (main road and on a hill) doesn't have any traffic on it as the snow has compacted making it impassable. :?

Phil was turned back from the Brands Hatch job as it was too bad, but he's back at base and waiting for the details of another job.

My boss drives in from Aylesbury each day and had to take a different route today as he couldn't get over a hump backed bridge near his place.

it's stopped snowing at long last, some of it has melted but if that freezes later on... :doh:

took grandson to school, stopped just before a speed hump because a child ran out of the school gate. I should have gone over the hump before stopping because I then had difficulty getting over the hump from a standstill...

snow and ice everywhere - most people are driving slowly with care but there are still idiots who think it's correct to go at about 10 mph over the speed limit :evil:

Oxfordshire was nicely visible for most of the morning but is now disappearing in a haze again. I'm assuming that Cinnamon and Claret are still there :|

The man over the road has just come home - he's wearing a big pair of fluffy slippers :shock::lol::lol::lol: