The Dogmother

The Weather Thread #2

We also had about 6 inches of snow yesterday before it turned to freezing rain everything is coated in ice today. I have already used 50# of ice melt this morning the sun is shining and it is a very cold 28 f

The girls seem to be enjoying the sun it is shing in the front of their run right now. Where is spring I think that I am ready.

My garden is a bog with all this water too. Even the dog is getting picky about where she puts her paws and is avoiding the really swampy bits. A welly print squidges down into the mud where where my grass was about an 1-2 inches now. Can wait for it to dry out a bit.

Is it normally this wet in the gardens. I don't normally walk down the end until end Feb or March. Live there now.

Its been a good day here, no wind and felt comfortable for a bit of garden work. Snow forcast for the weekend here. :roll:

Hi Everyone

Today in Preesall it start out being nice and sunny with a + 3 degrees but as the day went on so it became cooler and windier and we are on the West Coast of England so how cold was it on the East Coast of England :?:

How was the weather for you today :?::?:

Best regards

Ian & Valerie

Freezing, is the answer !

It was ok when I let the chickens out at 7am but by the time I went to work at 8.30, a really cold wind had got up and that just seemed to get worse as the day went on

(from the Medway Towns, which are almost on the coast - well the river anyway...)

It really set in cold last night, in the space of an hours football training my husbands cars windscreen froze over. :shock:

It's really cold here this morning! :( please wish for warmer temps as my concrete base cannot be poured in frosty temperatures... :cry::cry::lol:

I slept with jammies on and bed socks last night brrrrrrr!!!!! :lol:

The sun didn't appear yesterday :(

Plus 5c at the moment. Still pitch black here but I think it is dry. There is a cold wind blowing.

OH not looking forward to the snow forecast at the weekend. He and Natalie are travelling to Glasgow today for the Scottish schools swimming finals and will be travelling home on Sunday when the worst of the snow is due.

It's getting that way here too - the sky definitely looks whiter and the temp has gone down.

I went home at lunchtime and was surprised to see that the temp was +6 as the windchill made it feel far colder.

I've had the blow heater in my office on all afternoon as the heating was struggling to keep it comfortable... and, yes I do have a vest on, and all my chooks have feed!

6 degrees here earlier at lunchtime with sun - now have grey and pinky coloured clouds - sun trying to make a pretty set but failing! Just hosed down the path after walking round the garden with the dustpan and shovel - at least when it is cold it is easier to go poo picking rather than trying to scoop up a soggy mess! Yep, chilly in the air, but not too bad yet (frost on the cars last night).

Hi Everyone

Her in Preesall near Blackpool we had a very wet night and this morning the were lakes of water in the garden. It was wet here up to about 10 a.m when it started to dry out. Then rest of the day it has been overcast but not wet and a high of +3 degrees.

It is meant to get colder over the weekend.

N.B

Please ensure that you have filled you car up with fuel as there is a strike at the refinery were petrol etc is made!

Who is the weather in your neck of the woods wherever in the world you live :?:

Best regards

Ian & Valerie.