The Dogmother

The Weather Thread #2

Hi Everyone,

For all of you who missed the last comment I put on "The Weather Thread"

Here it is again .... There could be a cold snap on the way again.

Read below ... thank you.

Ardene5 wrote.......... This at the beginning of the 1st Weather Thread......

Hi

Having just watched the weather forecast for the coming week it seems that there is going to be a change in the wind direction and the weather.

Rain & wind is the forecast for the early part of the week but then the Low pressure over the UK will move North East towards Denmark. This means that the wind will move in direction to come from the North and snow is forecast for the Highlands of Scotland.

Does this mean Winter is coming early?

(For anyone interested the wind moves anti clockwise around a Low pressure and clockwise around a High pressure).

So should we all be stocking up on feed and bedding for our girls?

Best regards

Ian & Valerie

William & Harry

Missy & Millie Dogs

9 Hens

(cube purple) + (purple eglu) + large covered run

----------------------------------------//---------------------------------------------------------

The New suggestion about next weeks weather >>>>>>>>>>

Hi Everyone

You all might remember the about quote I wrote at the start of The 1st Weather Thread.

Well think I could type it again because next week there will be bad winter weather coming our way from Russia.

Another cold snap is on its way in a winter that looks set to be the chilliest for at least 13 years, meteorologists have warned.The Press Association, said the "reasonably average" temperatures over the last fortnight would come to an end on Sunday night when bitter winds and freezing air from Russia were expected to move across the UK.

There is also a chance of snow for parts of the country in the early part of next week.

Chill winds from the continent will start to be felt across the south and east in the next couple of days, before a blast of bitterly cold air from western Russia sends the mercury plunging during Sunday night and the early part of next week.

So if this is the case have you got food etc for your hens.

Also have you got plenty of warm clothes to wear?

So how is the weather with you at the moment wherever you are in the world you are :?:

Best regards

Ian, Valerie and Baby the hen

Overcast and still here. Skies are resounding to the rooks' "kaah kaah" and the "tchack tchack" of the jackdaws ....infact their name comes from the sound of their call.

Countryside sounds bleak and the ploughed fields look so desolate. Such a difference from yesterday's Spring Tease.

Edited by Guest

I'd love somewhere that was cold & crisp with blue skies, sunshine and a slight nip in the air all year round! (wonder where that would be?? :think: )

Anyway, back to Devon - overcast, slightly misty, cold with a bit of dampness - but the chickens are out in the garden, so it cant be too wet.

DA is right - when I lived abroad in the simmering humidity, I longed for a cold, frosty snap - perverse, aren't we?

Personally, I'd like to live somewhere that has a long spring and summer, then a very short winter and rain only at night.. dream on eh?

It's difficult to prefer a season. They all have their magic. Winter with crisp cold frosty mornings, waking up to freshly fallen snow that dulls every sound, the smell of witchazel flowers overwhelming the still air, snowdrops piercing the leafmould. Spring with the promise of renewal, lambs in the fields, a sound of new life, Blackthorn blossom ... the first in the hedgerows ...everything greening up Summer so redolent of a lazy naive youth, school so far away in September and then Autumn closing the year with it's colours and harvest and digs at Christmas to come.

Rain at night is a good idea :P:P

My garden is a bog with all this water too. Even the dog is getting picky about where she puts her paws and is avoiding the really swampy bits. A welly print squidges down into the mud where where my grass was about an 1-2 inches now. Can wait for it to dry out a bit.

Dank here!

Dank :shock: , what a good word to describe the weather of late, although I did notice that the squelch noise was not so loud with each step up to the chooks this morning, hopefully it will dry out a bit more if the cold weather does come as forecast.

Weather Gizmo says "4.5C, Increasing clouds with little temp change" we'll see...... :roll:

Sha x