The Dogmother

The Weather Thread #2

Yesterday we had terrific gales which lasted until this morning. The wind was blowing straight through the house and down the chimneys. The lights were flickering and I had no internet connection from mid morning until this afternoon :shock: I didn't sleep well last night due to the roof slates rattling and the trees creaking.

Today the wind has eased slightly and the sun is shining. The outside Temperature is supposed to be 8c but the wind chill is making it feel colder.

The day started well with an orange and turquoise sunrise, very beautiful.

Then it clouded over and the wind picked up.

Managed to get all my washing dry on the line.

This afternoon the sky has cleared and there is a bitter wind.

Snow forecast so Hubby and I stole over to a nearby council layby to ahem :oops::oops: borrow some salty grit.

He's out on a rescue in the dark on Langdale somewhere :(:(

Just been out to walk Zara, and it is very cold.

We're due snow tomorrow, not sure how much my area will get as we are very close to the coast, although we did get a sprinkling a couple of weeks ago, which delighted me :lol:.

I absolutely love snow.

I'll definitely get the camera at the ready, just in case.

Feels really cold here as it's still breezy.

Pink sky so snow on it's way.

Hubby's just left for a photocall with our MP who is campaigning to exempt Mountain Rescues from VAT on the politics show BBC 1 North West at 12 if any one is interested.

They've gone to Longsleddale. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it'll be really freezing there.

I'm sure I've just seen a few little fluffy white things floating around in the sky. YS thinks I'm imagining it.

"checks out window again" yes there are definitely little bits of snow.

YS and hubby going up to town for Chinese New Year (I've raging sore throat and ear ache). Hope we don't suddenly get lots of snow. :roll:

Just walked the dog. Searingly cold in the wind. The 3 chooks have decided to go back into the eglu run which is shelted on one side from the wind - Phillip has actually retreated into the nest box whilst the two girls are preening outside. They look as though they are waiting for .... something... snow? But it hasn't really snowed in this part of Oxfordshire for 30 years. Then we all got snowed in as the winds moved the snow away from Kent - will this happen again??

I have a lovely week next week. Supposed to be in Kent ( Ashford) tomorrow then travelling to Scarborough for Tuesday. I wonder if I'll make it - or get stuck somewhere ?