The Dogmother

The Weather Thread #2

Happy Birthday Egluntine!!!

Yes Happy Birthday :D did you get anything nice?

Lots of snow here and there is no chance of getting out of my drive much less getting out of the village!

I took the day off rather than working from home as the internet was down - its obviously ok now but I have made the call to work now and am officially on holiday so am free to play in the snow :dance:

We have got the ski clothes out of the 'holiday suitcase'

It snowed again last night when DS went out for his short walk with a cigarette (not in my house Sonny Jim), but he said it wasn't too bad. I suppose we had about another inch. It has been melting ever since I got up and then we have had quite a lot of rain so it is very slushy. Main roads clear, went shopping with mum, saw lots of evidence of nasty accidents - broken metal rails at the edge of a drop for example and wonky traffic lights. Our road isn't very nice - slippery slide downhill where it hasn't been gritted. But the snow still hasn't gone and we probably have about 3-4 inches still on the lawns.

I had to collect DD from school this afternoon as OH was on a conference call. We had 3 inches of snow todayand i had to go on my mobility scooter! It was fun actually, i was skidding all over the place, on purpose!! And DD's class was half empty today, people who lived closer than us didn't turn up at school. It just goes to show how reliant on cars people are, they should have walked. If i can make it on a mobility scooter, i don't see why others can't make the effort.

I know what you mean Helen - Rosie's school was closed again, despite most of the teachers and children living within walking distance :roll: The majority of them seem to drive, despite there being no parking other than for staff.

I can walk to work - only 5 mins away, my boss drove in, he lives 40 miles away and it took him 2 hours, then he had trouble getting into the driveway so had to park in next door's car park.

Two girls at a friend's office rang in saying that they couldn't get to work because they were 'snowed in' despite living only 10 mins away - the boss went and picked them up... bet they had to get out of their PJs double quick!!

Cor, we've even had UK weather reports about the UK weather on our news over here, accompanied by some spooky looking photos of Parliament Square in the snow :shock: . Thinking of you all over there, hope you've enjoyed your unsceduled extra days off school (& that the parents haven't had to struggle too much to sort out the childcare). Wrap up warm & stay safe, especially out on those icy roads.

Over here we're having a great summer, 28oC yesterday, and we spent Wednesday on the beach, absolutely glorious. Feb over here sort of = August in the UK, so it's hot, hot, hot 8):D:D

only a light powdery dusting here, and I don't think it fell below freezing last night (haven't checked the chook's water yet, I didn't bring it in last night).

More forecast later though, might wear my walking boots to work again in case getting home is difficult!

It's back- with a vengeance! :shock:

It's much deeper than last time, must be about 4 inches and there's a fair old blizzard going on out there. Had a rubbish nights sleep, thunder & lightening mixed in with the snow :roll: ...

I'm so surprised it's settled because the ground was so wet yesterday. I've just made a mess of the lovely clean white stuff, trudging up to the (cube purple) in my muddy wellies! :)

Devon snow has been on the news. A foot it says!!!!

Apparently we have had all what London & the south east were supposed to have. :think:

It must be very localised though as down in Plymouth its raining, I am in Mid-Devon and we've had loads. The M5 is closed.

So glad its my day off. :dance: