The Dogmother

The Weather Thread #2

Snow showers on and off all day, the snow melted as it touched the ground. Blue sky and sunshine in between the showers with a temperature of 2.5c.

We have been given a weather warning for tonight and Natalie has been told by the school that the school will be closed tomorrow if we get heavy snow tonight. Jack has an exam tomorrow morning so I am now trying to work out how to get him to school for that if the school buses are not running. I also need to be able to get into my school (boarding) as the students will still need feeding.

I can see it snowing now about 2 miles away, it is coming this way. It has suddenly gone very dark.

Lots of snow! Couple of inches before school but we were in, they then announced over local radio that they were closing so some of the kids went home but they weren't phoning the parents who hadn't heard :roll: So I didn't leave until normal time but just spent an hour in the snow with my kids and built a snowman!! :D

Our second little flurry didn't last very long and the girls ventured out halfway up the garden. I brought their tea out but they refused to go back in the run. Quarter to five they were still in the same spot - "don't like this white stuff" - even though I had cleared a path from their run and some grass in the morning the stubborn little so and so's wouldn't move, so I had to carry Apache back in, then Sioux. Cheyenne decided that she wasn't going to be picked up and all are now tucked up safely. The sky looks ready to shed another load - all still and it is beginning to ice up.

Our road was so bad that a delivery driver parked his van further up the road (don't know where - didn't see it) and walked to our house, he said it was really bad here and the A30 was very slushy. Heard on the news that the M3 was down to one lane. OH went for a walk this afternoon and said that it was only the side roads that weren't very good, otherwise the council had done a good job of gritting the pavements and the roads appeared to have cleared.

And now our Kiwi friend has sent us pics that he took this morning. I am thinking of emigrating!

Hi Everyone

Here we are most of the UK has snow or is getting it and in a little place near Blackpool

all we get is rain or sleet or the odd snow flurry but no snow on the ground.

How has it been for you today and how are your hens doing in this snowy weather?

Best regards

Ian & Valerie

I don't think the hens left the eglus much today :( they hate the snow. Our first two loved it.

Our cat George has decided not to risk the back door weather, he's waiting for the front door weather to improve (as it's bound to do) :roll:

still cold here with snow on the ground. Hope it's not going to freeze overnight.

Our cat George has decided not to risk the back door weather, he's waiting for the front door weather to improve (as it's bound to do) :roll:

Oh my goodness, our cats do that too, going from one door to the other checking the weather. Funnily enough, once it was raining outside the back door, but bright sunshine out of the front door :shock::o So there must be a little bit of sense to their madness.

I've just had a peek out of the back door and it has stopped snowing and it is really quite bright out and is a weird pinky colour. Normally I need a torch to see the garden this time of night. I bet the chooks are still up - it took them ages to go to bed tonight.

I've just had a peek out of the back door and it has stopped snowing and it is really quite bright out and is a weird pinky colour

it was like that when George was inspecting the weather. It probably means more snow :(

all 3 of our cats do the front/back weather thing and guess whose fault it is when it's the wrong weather outside both doors :wink:

If it's raining, George is always convinced that if I'd just open the french windows in the dining room the sun would shine :anxious:

there's definitely method to his madness - we only ever open those doors when the sun shines so... :lol: