bluekarin

25 Random things

I shall start tonight then, he can clear dinner away and load dishwasher, his face would be a picture!!! Might wait until he has been and collected the ex batts first though, need to stay in good books until then :)

Now my 3 year old son is totally the opposite, he has a cleaning fetish, as soon as dishwasher is open ready to unload he is in there like a shot!

:) xxx

I don't like to burst your bubble about your lovely 3 year old but all of my children were like that. They especially liked dusting.

They don't anymore, well the teenager and 21 year old don't. They have to keep their own bedrooms tidy (so of course they are tips) and do the dishwasher. But they don't ever ask to do anything else anymore :cry:

1. I am 50

2. I am nearly 6 years older than OH and our 24th anniversary is tomorrow

3. George Peppard was my favourite actor.

4. I love the tall ships, my favourite is the Cutty Sark

5. I am an Aries - apparently a born leader but my brother says I mistake that with "bossy" - I am more happy at taking orders though.

6. My hair almost touches my btm.

7. Love gardening

8. Love quilting

9. Love Terry Pratchett books

10. Hate housework.

11. Was once so shy I once overdosed on asprin - will never do that again!

12. Lost 2 stone when doing a sponsored slim for the British Heart Foundation

13. Given up trying to lose weight - done too many diets even when I was skinny.

14. I hate OH trying to read over my shoulder when I am on here

15. Christened C of E, went to a Catholic convent school and now devout atheist, but Buddhism sounds nice.

16. I designed my bridesmaids dresses

17. I have a high threshold of pain - I never have injections at the dentist because it isn't necessary - even for root canal work.

18. I don't like going to the doctors for anything

19. I enjoy cooking

20. I sold 2 of my own paintings - one a watercolour and one oil - both were horses.

21. I wanted to be a Marine Biologist or an Oceanographer and work with Jacques Cousteau - ended up in banking

22. I like eating except for beetroot :vom:

23. I have 2 teenagers

24. I am very bad when I have been deprived of sleep - keep out of my way when that happens, which is quite often because son is up all night making noises and OH snores

25. I looooove rum, so have to ration it when I have some.

1. I've got a house and garden full of animals (just as I like it) - 6 cats who are my babies, 3 chickens, 3 degus and a tankful of tropical fish. I'd have a zoo if I had the room and time for them. Maybe one day I'll get that little (or large) place in the country!!

2. I've got a tattoo of a tabby cat stretching upwards from my bum towards my back (so yes before I get any comments it's a huge cat ;O). The tattooist thought it was hilarious to shout "let's have a look at this pussy in the middle of the shop" lol. I once dropped my trousers to prove to my Dad that I'd got a tattoo at the Christmas dinner table (and no that's not a euphemism)! lol

3. I love my son more than I ever thought it possible to love anyone else. He is my world and I'm so very very proud of him. Ashley, if you ever read this, you can be anything you want to be in life sweetheart. Just go for it and above all be happy!!

4. I've made mistakes in my life, but I don't do regrets (so long as you never intentionally hurt someone) - life is far too short.

5. I'm a very genuine person. What you see is what you get. I love my friends and family and I'm as loyal as it's possible to be and more often than not this ends up to my detriment.

6. I miss my Mum very much. She died 5 years ago. Last Sunday I was told that I was going to lose my Dad within a few days, but I'm hoping and praying that he will continue to pull through. I love you Dad - please keep fighting xx

7. I want to bobsleigh down the Cresta Run before I die.

8. I love stealing kisses from the top of Parsley's head when he is sleeping ;O)

9. I love to drive fast with rock music blasting out. I miss my Scoob and will have another one some day - when I've got some money.

10. I suffer from road rage quite frequently due to the increasing number of idiot drivers on the road. What is it with these people?

11. I am terrified of spiders but have got better at "dealing with them" since I've been on my own. Flipping things!!! Urgh!

12. I am frequently scared of social situations and have been known to back out of things at the last minute.

13. I hate shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. I love DIY and I'm pretty good at it if I do say so myself. I won't give up on anything, but won't start a job unless I know I can complete it to 100% satisfaction.

15. I love sexy underwear. Oops did I say that out loud?

16. I would quite (very) willingly have either Gordon Ramsays, Russel Brand or José Mourinho's love child - Chelsea you will have to fight me for the latter :lol:

17. I'm very tenacious. Once I've got hold of something I won't let go

18. I have very low self esteem. Something I'm trying to work on!!

19. I want to travel much more. I want to visit Churchill to see the polar bears before they die out. Iceland, New Zealand, Galapagos. So many places and so little time.

20. I enjoy my own space but would love to have the special person in my life here to snuggle up with every night.

21. I love my bed. It's huge and very very very comfortable. Sometimes I wish I could just stay there all day.

22. I try to watch as much comedy as I can. There is far too much sadness in the world. It's good to have a diversion that makes you laugh and smile. Black Books, Alan Partridge, Still Game, Worst Week and Father Ted are amongst my favs.

23. Did I say I hate shopping? I hate ironing too!!!! grrrrrr

24. I'm very good at coping with situations that other people find difficult. It's the simple ones I struggle with.

25. I don't ever want to grow up.

1. I swear too much.

2. I ride a Unicycle.

3. I am ex-army.

4. My Golf handicap is Three.

5. I hate Christmas Day.

6. I've been married 22 years.

7. "Stay-Free" is my favourite song.

8. Sprouts are the only food I don't like (ever).

9. Ironing is quality time.

10. I shout at the TV.

11. I can 4-ball juggle.

12. I regularly sniffed glue as a teenager.

13. I am a director of a Health & Safety Company.

14. I have been to 22 England football matches abroad.

15. The Damned were the first band I ever saw.

16. Barry Manilow was the last band I saw.

17. I've painted 10 fence panels today.

18. I've never been unemployed.

19. I passed my driving test at the first attempt.

20. I broke my Right Wrist as a child.

21. I can write with both hands.

22. I've stopped watching the News.

23. I've never smoked.

24. I am Godfather to Jamie

25. My Cube leaks.

This has been absolutely fascinating. I have been agreeing with a lot of comments as I have been going along and puzzling over some of the others. Oh well, here goes....in no particular order...

1. I have spent far too long reading all eleven pages of this thread!

2. I enjoy being tall and want my daughter to enjoy it too.

3. My shoe size varies between size nine and ten.

4. I went out with a teacher when I was sixteen and woul be horrified if my daughter were to do the same.

5. I trekked up Kilimanjaro in 2007 and wish that I kept in better contact with the group that I went with.

6. I can see how road rage happens and get particularly cross with middle lane drivers - I think that undertaking should not be so frowned upon!

7. I am definitely going to learn Spanish.

8. I used to be fluent in French but struggle now.

9. I sometimes wonder what my life would have been like had I not copped out of the year in France that I should have had when I was at university.

10. I love my children completely and utterly to the point of pain.

11. I don't fear death but I fear leaving my children whilst they are still children.

12. I hate confrontations.

13. My mother has lived with us for the last thirteen years and we have had only three main arguments.

14. My OH is not perfect (who is?) but is pretty damn near (see 13 above!!)

15. I often say the wrong thing and then agonise over it for ages.

16. I wish that I could become addicted to running.

17. I envy poeple who can play instruments really well. I dabble with piano, flute and guitar but not in company.

18. I really really wish that my dad had been around to meet my daughter

19. I wish that I had had more self respect when I was a teenager.

20. I want to be liked too much.

21. I can raise my right eye brow a la Roger Moore.

22. I would love to write a novel but know that it is never going to happen.

23. I did the London to Brighton Bike ride twice but wanted to give my bike away when I was going up Ditchling Beacon the last time.

24. I like to entertain friends and enjoy cooking but know that the food I prepare is never quite right.

25. I am quite impressed that I have thought of 25 bits of info but will probably lie awake tonight thinking of better ones!

1.i play bass guitar

2.i think(know) my little brother is :twisted::twisted::twisted:

3.i wanted to call su-li (see siggy) xaio xiang

4.i hate HSM :x:x:x:x:anxious::D

5.i am in a band with some people form my church

6. i am reading the left behind series of books

7.my favorite film is men in black

8. i got a pogo stick for my birthday which i am getting good at :liar:

9. hey look an alien!!!! you said random :D

10.i wish i could think of 15 more :think:

11.i love to wear hoodies

12.i aspire to have as many GNRPP(Bluebelle)(white chicken) as lesley :mrgreen:

13.i want to play for a football team (under 15) [ im a centre back -any offers] :D

14.i need to get more money :twisted::lol:

Edited by Guest

I've only met you once Jlo - I like you and my vibes are never wrong - I have developed a knack at reading people over the years! Oh, there's another one for the list, darn.

I agree I missed out our intention of walking around Britain - well, we've done from Cornwall almost to Rye a section of about 10 miles at a time. Walked the Thames to it's source, and part of the Ridgeway - all stopped when the children came along and whinged every time we walked anywhere. I think we should complete the Britain's coastline when the children have left home. Another was wishing that I had the nerve to listen to heavy rock music when I was younger, when I only bought records that I knew wouldn't offend my parents - still like other ranges of music though, but a little bit tame compared with what I listen to now.

Oooh pogo - I can't do that! I'm sure you will find more to add later on alihodg - aliens, where? :)

I am so glad I am not the only one who is 'particular' about how the washing is hung up on the line. I also use every other line on my rotary line. I reason that more air gets between the clothes and they dry quicker. However, if I had a washing line with the lines further apart, I'd still use every other line :D

I'm so glad you've all enjoyed this topic, and I have throughly enjoyed reading all your random things. I too could add so many more to my list, but I guess thats whats good about it only being 25 - you have to stop somewhere.

GTG - DS is a shouting from upstairs *gets bucket, Dettol and marigolds*

1. it is my birthday today well in fourty minutes. i am 24 on feb 24th

2. all my best friends live in america

3. i work in operating theatres at a local hospital and handle human organs every day

4. the first thing i do when i know im not working for a couple of days is paint my nails

5. im moving out with my boyfriend very soon and am really excited about it

6. i read this forum every day and my boyfriend knows you all by username ha!

7. i have an online diary ive kept for five years

8. i really look up to my older sister

9. my dog bart died when i turned 21 and i miss him every day

10. when noone is in at home i put my favourite songs on and sing as loud as possible in the kitchen using a kitchen utensil as a microphone

11. i am organised honest and confident at work but that person disappears when i get home and i dont really know why

12. astrology aliens ghosts and things like that i love when i was little my parents had a map and i drew the bermuda triangle on it first chance i had

13. my favourite food in the world is so bad. just like cheeseburgers and hotdogs. i wish i could eat them every week

14. i always say i enjoy going for really long walks but about five minutes in i remember i hate them

15. my favourite music is hilary duff, hannah montana, fall out boy, mcfly and the beatles

16. i dont really care about shoes i only have four pairs but i have around nine million cardigansand counting

17. come dine with me really makes me laugh on channel four

18. where i would most like to go on holiday is barbados

19. i sometimes have sleep paralysis if i am feeling down it used to scare me but now i can control it

20. it drives me mad my boyfriend never has any vivd dreams to talk about

21. i am not competetive but i love playing uno so much and skip-bo two great card games i highly reccommend

22. i believe in aliens so much that i can not watch anything about them or hear it for fear they are watching me

23. i saw a ufo when i was younger and it scarred me deeply for life

24. i wish i got on with my mum better and hope i do when i move out

25. i have the noisiest stomach ever people always stop and say whos stomach is making that awful noise and it is always me

1. it is my birthday today well in fourty minutes. i am 24 on feb 24th

Congrats!

14. i always say i enjoy going for really long walks but about five minutes in i remember i hate them

me too!

25. i have the noisiest stomach ever people always stop and say whos stomach is making that awful noise and it is always me

tee hee :lol::lol::lol:

19. i sometimes have sleep paralysis if i am feeling down it used to scare me but now i can control it

Me too. It started in my late twenties (late as statistics go) and I thought I was going mad! Ended up doing alot of reading up on it and after a few years of absolutely terrifying nights/mornings, I am now able to 'bring myself' out of it. Dh is envious though as he would LOVE to experience it :roll::anxious:

Me too. It started in my late twenties (late as statistics go) and I thought I was going mad! Ended up doing alot of reading up on it and after a few years of absolutely terrifying nights/mornings, I am now able to 'bring myself' out of it. Dh is envious though as he would LOVE to experience it :roll::anxious:

and me :( I hate it - it terrifies me. I had it the other night when I'd taken some Kalms Nighttime :(

My claustrophobia started after the first time it happened to me - in an inside 2 berth cabin on a ferry :shock: