bluekarin

25 Random things

Welcome back Chester :D , never let other people intimidate you.

I have a few more to add.

26. I first got chickens as a child after helping the gamekeeper on the estate where my dad was head gardener. He gave me some chicks when we moved.

27. I cry at films all the time, especially The Holiday and 4 Wedding & a Funeral.

28. I find buying presents for people really hard because my mind goes blank as soon as I try

29. I watched Paul Mcartney's fireworks on Millenium night from my inlaws garden WOW :D

30. As soon as the sun comes out I feel happy and start racing around doing things, when it is dull so am I :roll:

1 I love the old type of mini cars

2 I am very organised, plan meticulosly, but....

3 Am a slovenly housewife

4 The film " Summer of my German soldier" has me crying buckets

5 I like to be early for events

6 I can only iron clothes when I am in an "ironing mood"

7 I love shoes

8 And watches

9 And bracelets

10 And diamonds :D

11 But don't have many of the above 3 items

12 I love to go camping, but only where there are shower blocks on site

13 I have met Stefan Edberg & got his autograph *swoon*

14 I have good :idea: s

15 I like to look around showhomes

16 I spent my 21st birthday at the Wimbledon's Men's Final

17 I used to be scared of birds :oops:

18 Dogs still scare me

19 I love "The Muppet Show"

20 And "Fawlty Towers"

21 And daisies

22 At 21 I weighed 6st 2lb

23 I am 5 feet high (just)

24 I am starting to look old

25 My day is a disaster so far.......

1. I'm a red-head and proud of it

2. I go to church

3. I love walking on a cold, clear crisp winter's day

4. I suffer from chronic road rage

5. I aspire to a small holding (or at least 20 chickens and a pig)

6. I like all forms of needle craft

7. I wish I had more time to do number 6

8. I hate housework

9. I have recently discovered a Christian rock band called delirious? and am driving OH mad playing the cds too loud

10. In my mind I have the body of Elle McPherson (the reality is somewhat different)

11. I dress a bit hippyish

12. I love crosswords (but not cryptic ones)

13. I like whisky and lemonade

14. I'm a control freak

15. I am so proud of my Son (who has just taken me to lunch, he's only 14 and he caught the bus to meet me!)

16. I enjoy camping (and now caravaning)

17. I love singing

18. My ideal day off is to spend all day cooking

19. I try to be green

20. I passed my driving test age 35

21. I have read Pride and Prejudice at least 10 times

22. I think Stephen Fry is the wittiest person on the planet

23. My favourite film is Room with a View (the Merchant Ivory version with Helena Bonham Carter)

24. I'm good with numbers

25. My dream car is a Morgan or Caterham

9. I have recently discovered a Christian rock band called delirious? and am driving OH mad playing the cds too loud

Where have you been all these years!!

I have seen them live...lots :D

living in the wilderness at a very old fashioned church!! We've moved now and Son's friend introduced him to the band last year. We saw them at Shepherd's Bush empire last year, one of their last UK gigs - excellent band!!

25 is a lot of things!!

1. I'm learning to be a driving instructor

2. I like being on my own

3. I cry too easily

4. I love sunshine

5. I hate spiders

6. I love having parties

7. I wish I was a bit taller

8. I wish I was a size or 2 smaller.

9. I wish I had a house in the countryside with not many neighbours.

10. I don't like my car

11. I wish my chickens hadn't trashed my garden.

12. I wish other people were tidy like me.

13. I love the colour green.

14. I love nice food.......

15. But don't always like cooking!!

16. I hate housework

17. I don't like being stressed.

18. I hate going to the dentist.

19. I like daydreaming

20. I wish I could remember all my dreams.

21. I wish my mum was younger.

22. Southern Comfort and lemonade is my favourite drink

23. I wish I could speak Spainish, other than just holiday stuff.

24. I am fascinated by genealogy

25. I love photography old and new.

Edited by Guest

5 I have to hang out washing with socks in pairs and by owner, also the pegs have to match

6 I am rather ashamed of (5) :oops:

I can't see anything wrong with the above. Perfectly normal as far as I'm concerned :oops::lol: .

Ooh I do this with tea towels - if they have words on then they have to be hung up the right way so that you can read it :oops:

I also have double jointed fingers, thumbs and toes. A female chiropodist once bent my toes right back and went and got her colleague as she had never seen them so flexible before :shock: I can do a disgusting thing with my thumb that usually makes people go like this :vom:

Whats nice about these lists are that in so many ways I am like so many other people - thats quite comforting. Especially when your children think you're mad :wink::D

5 I have to hang out washing with socks in pairs and by owner, also the pegs have to match

6 I am rather ashamed of (5) :oops:

I can't see anything wrong with the above. Perfectly normal as far as I'm concerned :oops::lol: .

Ooh I do this with tea towels - if they have words on then they have to be hung up the right way so that you can read it :oops:

You do that too? Oh thank goodness I am not alone :lol::lol: . Same colour things have to hang up next to each other too. I think I ought to stop now........... :wink::lol:

Kate and Seagazer: I am so glad to not be on my own with the washing line fetish. Pants also have to be facing the same way, with *avert eyes if easily offended* Bums towards the road so the fronts are not seen by casual passers by. And yes, if possible, tea towels must be legible.

I think I need help... :roll:

You do that too? Oh thank goodness I am not alone :lol::lol: . Same colour things have to hang up next to each other too. I think I ought to stop now........... :wink::lol:

So glad i am not alone!

I have a whirly gig dryer and I have one side for undies and socks, socks must be in pairs and all on the same strings. bras colour coded on their own string, thongs as bras, Parachute pants as bras, OH pants as bras, OH boxers as bras! All MUST be facing the same way and the right way up!

Then the second size is for stuff to iron, all hung by type of item and whether casual or work.

Towels and bedding on the third side in size order :oops:

You're all quite normal. I have to hang like items together and each person's in turn too. OH hangs them all wrong and it drives me bonkers!

I usually hang things with writing/printing on inside out, partly because other half has naughty slogans on his T shirts (Karen, you'll know about that! haha) and partly cos they're the right way out when it comes to iron them. :lol:

I love hanging washing out though.

Me too, but I am totally slapdash in what goes where. Those with the peg colour fetish should change to old fashioned wooden pegs, no colour choice to be made :) The only thing that drives me insane is when DH hangs shirts up by the shoulders and not from the bottoms :evil: who needs 'peg' marks on their shoulders?

Tessa

The only thing that drives me insane is when DH hangs shirts up by the shoulders and not from the bottoms :evil: who needs 'peg' marks on their shoulders?

I love the entertainment value when Him Indoors hangs washing out.

The things he has done in the past to hand knitted baby matinee jackets isn't for discussion on a family forum! :D

Good tip about the wooden pegs!

1.I WANT TO BECOME A VET (it had to come first :D)

2.My first fish were called Sam and Ella

3.I'm pround of the fact that I've had my arm up a sheep and have the photos to prove it

4.I've read the first half of "looking for jj" two and a half times

5.I've had 2 pet lambs - Greg + Bluebelle

6.I don't like the texture of flour - gives me goosebumps!

7. ...is my favourite number

8.I try to get up at 7.47 most days

9.I want some chickens that lay blue eggs

10.I like the colour blue

11.Sarah is like my big sister, Evie + Rose are like my little sisters :P

12.I have a really cheesy smile :D

13.I met Tony! (Simon Cowells bodyguard)

14.Lewis sometimes speaks in the 3rd person, I don't know why it just sounds funny to say me, me, me. I, I, I

15.Lewis has a blog, which no one reads, but it helps me remember things to do with work experience :)

16.Lewis is listening to Wicked (its on shuffle!) which he has seen Chicago

17.Lewis wants to go to London in the Summer to go see a show

18.Tango day (Argentina) is on my birthday

19.Mother was born 2 days after me (obviously not in years, just the date)

20.Now I'm listening to Banana Pancakes

21.Can't sing

22.I've been to Hawaii, it's not what I expected, there are a lot more hotels, the other quieter side where there are less tourists was better. We saw turtles

23.Theatre stuff is a good hobby (Y)

24.I have tried to play Cello (Year 2), Oboe (Year 5), Guitar (Year 7) and now Piano

25.I have lots of pets (20 I think), and I want to hatch some more Quail :)

4. I was at Greenham Common for a week and trudged three Aldermaston marches

DA we are the same era, I trudged two Aldermaston marches proudly wearing

my CND badge.....sigh those were the days :)

Tessa

The first didn't count, I was a babe in arms.

The second was the last one in 1963 .... I was 12 and told my mother ( who had given up such things) that I was staying at a friends. Mum didn't find out for years.

The last was the 1972 revival. Went back to meet old friends as by then I had other things to protest about.

It was fun though.

I loved Greenham but it was OK for me I was just pretending really. It was awful for those that lived there through the winters; such dedication.

4. I was at Greenham Common for a week and trudged three Aldermaston marches

DA we are the same era, I trudged two Aldermaston marches proudly wearing

my CND badge.....sigh those were the days :)

Tessa

The first didn't count, I was a babe in arms.

The second was the last one in 1963 .... I was 12 and told my mother ( who had given up such things) that I was staying at a friends. Mum didn't find out for years.

I was 13 when I first marched. My father had absolutely forbidden it as apparently I was much too young "to be hanging around with beatniks and riffraff" :shock: So obviously I totally ignored him and went anyway, when he found out we had the biggest, loudest row ever heard in the county of Kent....as I say those were the days :roll:

Tessa

:lol: I've just read these out to OH - he now admits that I am most definitely not obsessive about hanging up washing. At least not compared to you lot! 8) (I hang all underwear on the inner arms of the whirlygig, only use alternate ropes, have to shake out all the creases before hanging - but matching pegs and in colour order? :notalk::lol: )

:lol: I've just read these out to OH - he now admits that I am most definitely not obsessive about hanging up washing. At least not compared to you lot! 8) (I hang all underwear on the inner arms of the whirlygig, only use alternate ropes, have to shake out all the creases before hanging - but matching pegs and in colour order? :notalk::lol: )

I'm not so sure about that Snowy as I put the underwear on the inner arms, alternate ropes and shake all the creases out too.

I'm also obsessive about the dishwasher and god bless my mum but she loads it all wrong and when she's not looking I redo it :oops: They all put saucepans away in the wrong order as well.

Do you know I think I ought to see someone about this......

or just let go :lol: