chelsea

I've had the most distressing time - RESULTS UPDATE*

Its Bracken, my beautiful German Shepherd. :(

I go to work on monday & return home...dog is fine, bouncy and perky. As I was putting the chickens in she came out into the garden appearing to have a "funny turn" and appears a little wobbly on her legs. She went inside and would not move off her basket for 30 minutes and then appeared fine...went for walk had a poo. Emergency vet diagnoses tummy ache over phone and not unduly concerned. Tuesday morning I took her to the vets who discover mass size of large orange in her abdomen.

We were given the 3 options of leaving it and seeing how long she has left :cry: , doing the op to remove (but she may not survive op) or PTS. We decided on the op.

We have spent the last 24 hours sort of saying our goodbyes, doing nice things she enjoys (sitting on the sofa is one of them!). This morning was truly heartbreaking seeing OH taking her off to the vet. I havent eaten or drunk all day....just sat moping. :cry:

Vet has just called - tumour was on her oviary...they have managed to get all the tumour out. We are waiting on results to see if malignant or benign (1 week). I have cried so many tears I dont think I have any left.......I am such a wuss with animals. :roll:

So, I am asking again to all you lovely people for good omlet vibes to be sent our way please. :D Here's my baby.

DSC00504-1.jpg

Edited by Guest

Oh Chelsea, poor Bracken- I'm so sorry you've got this to worry about. :(

She's a beautiful girl- I had a dog that looked just like her when I was little and I loved him to distraction. Hoping so much that she recovers well from her operation...

I'm thinking of you and sending you lots of love and positive vibes. :pray::pray::pray:

xxx