Alis girls Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 I dont hand wash - cant be bothered with all that - puthem in old pillow case and stick in washing machine, actually have boobs now which i didnt for yrs 32a in my yuff Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Janty Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 I'm a daily girl. I can't be bothered hand washing either. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ClaireG Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 Every couple of days here unless i'm particularly hot and sweaty. I don't handwash either and am also not "flesh" coloured Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Scramble Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 Every couple of days I think... will have to ask the parentals... though I do sometimes do washing as a chore I'm waiting for a guy to post on here Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 What I meant to say b4 being interupted by doorbell was I was them every 2 days or so. I see some crummy looking bras in my job and most women dont wear the right size. Must be so uncomfortable I remember the washing machine man producing not a sock but a wire from my bra when he came to mend machine!I hadnt even noticed one was hanging low Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tulip Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 I'm in Sha's camp with this one.... lose track of number of wears due to other-clothes configuration. But usually a few days worth, weather dependent. I am a bantam specimen Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 (edited) Depends what I've been doing & the weather really, if it's hot & sticky they get thrown in the washpot everyday, but if I'm cool as a cucumber maybe 3 days or so? I'm not really sure as I have a selection of bras "on the go" at any one time as I can't wear a dark bra under a pale top, so it may get thrown over the back of the chair til I wear an appropriate coloured top again. They all get hooked up & put in the machine the next time I have a load it will go with, usually once a week or so I do a "cleardown" I do exactly the same. I too am an Orpington , I always wash my bras on their own on my washers hand-wash cycle, and then I let them drip dry on the airer. This seems to extend their life three-fold, which I am glad about as they always cost me a fortune . Edited May 1, 2009 by Guest Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Scramble Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 Dad's an Orpington I jest Mum's a bantie, sisters an orpington, I'm somewhere in the middle... a hybrid?! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Snowy Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 Another Orpington here! And another who washes after a couple of wears. Bravissimo are great but expensive - you can usually find the same bras on ebay for half the price. Once you find a make that fits well, if you stick to it, you can't go far wrong. I can only wear Fantasie bras - any other make with wires seem to make the wires too long and they always cut in under my arms. Fantasie are perfect I only tend to have 3 on the go at any one time - in with a normal wash and drip dry. Come to think of it, I need some new ones - I had to resort to one of my infrequently worn 'fancy but uncomfortable' stash today. Can't wait to get it off! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
miffy Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 couple of days girl here, I only posess 2 bras so wash & wear!!!! I buy flesh?? coloured so they go under anything...my bras would be great christmas pudding moulds....large they are so expensive....bras that is......I cant use the more reasonably priced ones they never have enough scaffolding!!! Are Bravissimo any good? hoping to go to Ealing next month had hoped to go and get measured and buy a couple of neww ones......I look like I could play a piano with my boobs!!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chickvic Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 Bravissimo are very good. I went in as a 44DD and came out a 38H They find a bra that fits you and then it depends on the style as to what size you are. The only drawback is the price - they are expensive Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kitchens Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 I am 'Orpington' rather than 'Bantam' size Like it. Me too. I'm not an every day girl but probably every few days depending on the weather and depending on what I have done I'd like to be a collars and cuffs girl but I can't be bothered ... apart from hubby no one else will see them .... and ... well .... you should see his boxers so I'm hardly going to worry about my knickers they do go in the wash every day tho. No question! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
kitchens Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 Hi miffy have you tried Fantasie or Freya. They are pretty bras that come in larger sizes. These are the ones I mainly buy. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gem_Seb Posted May 1, 2009 Share Posted May 1, 2009 every couple od days girl here!! also have ample there so they are expensive! i cant just go into any old shop and buy a bra! so annoying!! I seen this on GMTV this morning!!! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Olly Posted May 2, 2009 Share Posted May 2, 2009 Bravissimo are fabulous - they don't use any tape measures, the assistant just eyes you up and comes back with what she thinks you'll fit, and they're always right! I can't recommend them highly enough, I have always (since about age 16, anyway!) got properly fitted for bras, but this is the best I've ever had. I really want to try some of their shirts/dresses to see if they're as good as they looked, a dress and a swimsuit have been on Gok Wan's Fashion Fix recently and scored highly. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ali-s Posted May 2, 2009 Share Posted May 2, 2009 Another Bravissimo girl here. I wear my expensive bras once then wash them. I usually save them up and pop them in the machine on the wool cycle once a week. My bra and knickers have to match. My local bravissimo is in Aberdeen (so not at all local), the shop is always busy and you have to make an appointment to get measured . Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted May 2, 2009 Share Posted May 2, 2009 I am a Bantum and frankly after yrs of wanting to be bigger and have a cleavage I am quite glad - i was 32A for yrs had 2 kids and now am a 36C which sound huge but isnt. Unlike some girls who breastfed mine got better and didnt end up like puppies ears for which i thank God for, also my mum (RIP) lost one to breast cancer and that puts it all in perspective. Its nice to have a cleavage but the ooh hah made in this country about it annoys me intentsly. If a man only wants u for your chest he aint worth knowing in my opinion. My OH a breast man and married me and put up with my goosebumps for yrs and as the saying goes " good things come to those who wait".several of my biggger friends suffer back ache pay a mortgage for bras and put up with men talking to them I ask u. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cinnamon Posted May 2, 2009 Share Posted May 2, 2009 I really need to go to Bravissimo & get some lovely bras from them. I have tried mail order but have never had much success. You will all be glad to know that I am in my fresh & new pink one today, the silver grey now languishing on the line in the garden. My girls do change their bras daily (or so it seems to me when I do the wash!). In fact my eldest, who has fantastic boobs, could do with coming with me to Bravissimo & getting a good flesh tone bra Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omletina Kyckling Posted May 2, 2009 Share Posted May 2, 2009 Another Orpington here! Bravissimo is my favourite too and I love the Panache Tango bras, have them in all colours now! Because I stick to that style, I know my size and have bought them on Ebay, like Snowy. By the way, if any of you live near Northants, have you been to the Fantasie/Freya factory shop in Desborough, between Corby and Market Harborough? You can pick up brilliant bargains there, and in sale times, they have bras for about £3, they are also great for swimwear? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkyrie Posted May 2, 2009 Share Posted May 2, 2009 Never seen Bravissimo - sounds a nice name. Almost like "yipee they've got one that suits me". More recently I've taken to going er, commando - except when I have to go out anywhere (unless I am just dropping DS or DD off and I don't get out of the car). And it is only when I can wear a baggy sweatshirt that hides a multitude of sins. Mostly started when the straps were aggravating my neck after the accident last year. M & S really wound me up with their differing sizes. I bought a sports bra and had to take it back - the other one I purchased was fine. But the best ones of all were all cotton and I wore them into oblivion. Much prefer cotton - allergic to nylon and other MMF makes me go all static everywhere. I don't know about Orpington sized, perhaps Jersey Giant? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chrissyxx Posted May 3, 2009 Share Posted May 3, 2009 Speaking as someone who works in Ladies lingerie (in both senses of the word!) I would always advise you handwash bras. (and yes, I know it's a pain!) Evidently one machine wash is equal to 33 hand washes!!!! And a bra wire in the eye (yours or the beholders) can do untold damage lol! I usually wash mine after a max of 2 wearings...And Bravissimo are great, but then again I'm biased Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted May 5, 2009 Share Posted May 5, 2009 I really need to go to Bravissimo & get some lovely bras from them. I have tried mail order but have never had much success. Was that Gok Wan banger thingy you got any good? Omletina - is that shop only for larger bosomed ladies? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ali-s Posted May 5, 2009 Share Posted May 5, 2009 Claret, Bravissimo bra sizes start at a D cup I think. I wouldn't say my boobs are big but my back measuement is 28 inches. Bravissimo is the only shop I have found pretty grown up bras that fit me and don't look like a teenagers trainer bra. For years M&S insisted I was a 34B and they looked awful. Natalie who is 13 has a bigger back measurement than me Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted May 5, 2009 Share Posted May 5, 2009 Why just bantams or Orps??? - isn't anyone else a common or garden Hybrid like me? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Looney Posted May 5, 2009 Share Posted May 5, 2009 I don't know what I am anymore.... pregnancy, 10 months of breastfeeding and losing over a stone seem to have left me looking like a different person! I think I'm just a bog-standard brown hen! For months I wore non-underwired bras and they were surprising comfortable and supportive - flippin hideous tho! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...