AnnieP Posted May 28, 2009 Share Posted May 28, 2009 Shirl, it is so kind of you to keep letting us know how things are. I SO wish there was something we could do for you, but do know that we are all thinking of you and praying for your brother. BIGGEST hugs xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chelsea Posted May 28, 2009 Share Posted May 28, 2009 Goodness Shirl, I cannot comprehend what you are all going through. Stay strong and we are all here for you if you need to talk. Sending lots of your way. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted May 28, 2009 Share Posted May 28, 2009 I'm so sorry, Shirl . I'm glad you're getting regular updates now though. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cyber Chook Posted May 28, 2009 Share Posted May 28, 2009 Shirl, so sorry to hear this news. Thinking of you very much, and wishing you hope and strength. Caroline Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joojoo Posted May 28, 2009 Share Posted May 28, 2009 So sorry to hear that things are still not improving for your brother. Keeping everything crossed that you have some good news soon. Big Hugs and Very Best Wishes to you all xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
lisa33 Posted May 28, 2009 Share Posted May 28, 2009 Thinking of you and your family. Big hugs. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Chook n Boo Mum Posted May 28, 2009 Share Posted May 28, 2009 More {{{hugs}}} and from us too, Sha x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sam Palmer Posted May 28, 2009 Share Posted May 28, 2009 I've been away, so have only just read about your brother Shirl. I'm so sorry. I'm sending positive thoughts and good wishes to you all. Take care, Sam x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Goosey Lucy Posted May 28, 2009 Share Posted May 28, 2009 So sorry to read your update. Thinking of you and your family x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mostin Posted May 28, 2009 Share Posted May 28, 2009 Still thinking of you and all your family, big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted May 28, 2009 Share Posted May 28, 2009 Still thinking of you and all your family, big hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I echo that xxxx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ms Marple Posted May 29, 2009 Share Posted May 29, 2009 Still keeping you and your family in our thoughts. Glad that the consulae are getting their act together at last. Kind regards,] Terri Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted May 29, 2009 Share Posted May 29, 2009 Stay strong, we are all willing him to be ok. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
katieadams Posted May 29, 2009 Share Posted May 29, 2009 Still sending positive thoughts and hugs from up here too xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ana's flock Posted May 29, 2009 Share Posted May 29, 2009 Hello - I'm originally from Valencia and have friends and family over there too. Please contact me if I can be of any help, if you want me to phone the hospital on your behalf, translate anything for you... I hope your brother gets better soon. I know the Spanish health service is very bureaucratic and full of silly rules and regulations, but on the positive side the doctors and surgeons are very good (thanks to the status they hold there are high numbers of students going through University and because of the high levels of unemployment a lot of research and study is necessary before they can get a job in a hospital - it's a competitive market place, so those who are working are the very best.). Unfortunately they're not the most sympathetic of people when it comes to 'bed side manner' with the relatives... Still, if I was seriously ill I know what I'd rather have... Sending you and your brother lots of healing vibes. ((((hugs)))) Ana Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Seagazer Posted May 29, 2009 Share Posted May 29, 2009 Sending some more positive vibes and keeping everything crossed for your brother. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shirl Posted May 29, 2009 Author Share Posted May 29, 2009 Thanks for the offers of help. Fortunately the British Consul has been great and so we're getting daily updates.She has also persuaded the hospital to give my Dad telephone updates at the weekend because she isn't working. Great news that over the last 24 hours Tom's condition has been stable. They are suggesting that over the weekend they will start to withdraw his sedative so that he hopefully comes out of the coma. I am therefore hoping to fly out Tuesday so that I'm there when he is awake. My understanding is though that the visiting hour is 1-2 so not very long. Apparently they sanitise the ICU after visiting hour to minimise the risk of infection so no MRSA there then. It is hard but obviously the health of the patients has to be the priority. Thank you all for your support it means so much. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Egluntyne Posted May 29, 2009 Share Posted May 29, 2009 That is encouraging news Shirl. All the best. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
earthmam1 Posted May 29, 2009 Share Posted May 29, 2009 Hi Shirl Just caught up with this thread. It does sound encouraging. My thoughts and ((hugs)) are with you sue Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted May 29, 2009 Share Posted May 29, 2009 That does sound hopeful . I'm so glad you're getting the chance to see him. Best of luck. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cooks Posted May 29, 2009 Share Posted May 29, 2009 still keeping everything crossed here Shirl, thinking of you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sheilaz Posted May 29, 2009 Share Posted May 29, 2009 We're with you every step of the way Shirl. Love & prayers and wishing you all every strength. xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joojoo Posted May 29, 2009 Share Posted May 29, 2009 Positive thoughts winging their way to you all from here too xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lewis Posted May 29, 2009 Share Posted May 29, 2009 I've been following this but not posted. Good news that he is getting better and it must be a good thing that you can see him in Tuesday, even if its only for an hour. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shirl Posted May 29, 2009 Author Share Posted May 29, 2009 I'm like that. I always findit difficult to know what to say when I know someone is suffering in some way. The good news is I'm flying out Monday morning now. It was the best flight time. If I flew Tuesday I'd have missed the visiting time so flying out very early Monday. I'm hoping by then they'll let me in to see him but I just don't want to take the risk that he might wake and not have family nearby. On the downside I will be leaving the girls aged nearly 5 and 2 for the first time. I'm still breastfeeding the youngest so hoping when I get back we'll be able to carry on, but I guess she's old enough to stop if not. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...