hillfamily Posted May 25, 2009 Share Posted May 25, 2009 my thoughts are with you and your family Shirl xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Joojoo Posted May 25, 2009 Share Posted May 25, 2009 So very sorry to hear your dreadful news. How terribly sad for you all. Hope that you manage to get flights quickly and hoping and praying that your brother will recover. My sincere thoughts and very best wishes to you and your family xx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
missuscluck Posted May 25, 2009 Share Posted May 25, 2009 Such awful news. So sorry. Thinking of you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ana's flock Posted May 25, 2009 Share Posted May 25, 2009 What dreadful news. I'm thinking of you. I hope your brother recovers whatever the doctors say. Look after yourself. Sending you lots of love. Ana (((hugs))) Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cathybc Posted May 25, 2009 Share Posted May 25, 2009 sorry to hear your news, thinking of you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mrs Frugal Posted May 25, 2009 Share Posted May 25, 2009 Thinking of you and your brother, Shirl and hoping that he pulls through despite the doctors initial prognosis. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
craftyhunnypie Posted May 25, 2009 Share Posted May 25, 2009 Many many hugs to you & your family. This is awful news & to have it happen twice is not fair. Whatever happened to the so called 'big man' watching over us all? I hope you can take some comfort knowing we are all here for you. Hope you can sort flights. Emma.x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sgregson Posted May 25, 2009 Share Posted May 25, 2009 My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family... Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lesley Posted May 25, 2009 Share Posted May 25, 2009 So sorry - thinking of you and your family. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AJuff Posted May 25, 2009 Share Posted May 25, 2009 So sorry to hear your news. I hope you can get a flight out, you never know how things may turn out. Sending you my best wishes. xxx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Groovychook Posted May 25, 2009 Share Posted May 25, 2009 I'm so very sorry to hear your news... thinking of you xxx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Omletina Kyckling Posted May 25, 2009 Share Posted May 25, 2009 Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Shirl Posted May 25, 2009 Author Share Posted May 25, 2009 Thanks for the good wishes everyone. I'm not flying out. The doctors have upgraded his chances to 70% survival but he will def have brain damage. At the moment no-one is allowed to see him so that his brain is not stimulated. My dad who was out there with him (but not in the car) is flying home tomorrow. My brother has his own business and was due to fly home tomorrow too. My dad is going to see if he can keep the business ticking over but I suspect my brother wasn't the most organised. We'll be going out in about a week whenever the docs say he can have visitors. I can't believe we can't see him. He could be dead in a week. It isn't like we can just pop in a car and get there if he gets unstable. The distance makes getting info really difficult. His mobile phone has disappeared and worringly O2 let me cancel the SIM with no evidence required. I just gave his name and telephone number. I have to try and get a replacement SIM card tomorrow. I hope it's that easy. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
littleleicesterfox Posted May 25, 2009 Share Posted May 25, 2009 I'm so sorry x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Alis girls Posted May 25, 2009 Share Posted May 25, 2009 prayers and thoughts with you Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jackiepoppies Posted May 25, 2009 Share Posted May 25, 2009 Hello Shirl, Such good news about the prognosis that he will survive. With regard to brain damage......it could be really minimal. Time will tell and doctors don't know everything when up against strenghth of character A very difficult time for you and your family, just try and stay strong. (It's what we women are best at ) Very best wishes, Jx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
chickencam Posted May 25, 2009 Share Posted May 25, 2009 My thoughts are with you and your family. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Reikiranf Posted May 25, 2009 Share Posted May 25, 2009 I'm glad that your brother's chance of survival has improved, hopefully the hospital will be proven wrong about the brain damage, the human brain does have amazing powers of recovery! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Amanda. xxx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nutmeg Posted May 25, 2009 Share Posted May 25, 2009 So very sorry to hear your sad news. Thinking of you and your family. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ms Marple Posted May 25, 2009 Share Posted May 25, 2009 My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time. It has been said already that the human brain is an incredible organ - so I will keep hoping for a futher positive outcome. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Plum Posted May 26, 2009 Share Posted May 26, 2009 Sorry to hear about the accident. Thoughts are with you and hope he survives with minimal problems. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karen & co. Posted May 26, 2009 Share Posted May 26, 2009 So sorry to hear about your Brother Shirl Fingers crossed for him. Karen x Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Ain't Nobody Here Posted May 26, 2009 Share Posted May 26, 2009 Thanks so much for the update - I know we've all been worrying about how things were going. I'm so pleased to hear his chances of survival are so much better now. As others have said, the brain damage may be minimal - I hope you find out more very soon. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Dogmother Posted May 26, 2009 Share Posted May 26, 2009 I'm so sorry to hear the news Shirl, I hope that your brother continues to improve. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
sparkysmum Posted May 26, 2009 Share Posted May 26, 2009 I am so sorry to read of this terrible accident. Try to stay strong & think positively. Hoping to hear good news soon. Allisonx Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...