Lesley

What have you cooked today?

On Sunday when we went to visit my Grandad in hospital, ED cooked our tea for us ready for when we got home. She made two Ghanaian curries, one peanut based and one tomato based. She got the idea because she and her sister had a couple of Ghanaian curries from a street stall on Portabello road when we went to London and Saturday.

The curries were really lovely, it made me very proud that she did so well, she will be a popular housemate at uni. :D

She will be 19 at the end of September so she should be able to cook, although YD 13 & DS 16 can also make a go of a few dishes too, although you don't want to see the state of my kitchen, it needs a full deep clean after a few weeks of teenage occupation. :roll: I have obviosly done a better job of getting them to cook than to clean. :?

Love the sound of the Jack Daniels BBQ sauce.

Last night we had pasta with smoked salmon in a white wine creamy sauce with peas fresh from the veg beds. Tonight we are going to a BBQ at my parents and am taking some broad bean fritters I've just made which will fry up and serve as appetisers whilst the meat is cooking.

I made a meatball stew with onions, carrots, new potatoes, a large jar of passata, paprika and some parsley, it was a Good Food One Pot meal. I made it for us and my BIL & SIL and their toddlers, I made our's a bit more adult with some chorizo and hot smoked paprika. I made it yesterday because they were travelling down and stopping off in a little cottage nearby for a few days before going on to Cornwall for a couple of weeks, but they arrived late and had to grab something for the children's tea on route, so we all ate it it today, it benefited from a day to mingle and was a yummy easy meal to eat whilst watching Team GB football this evening. :D