Lesley

What have you cooked today?

Home made lebkuchen - I love the shop bought ones and thought I would try my own. They are nice, but not the same at all - I think because they had ground almond in and I don't think they should have. Does anyone have a recipe they could share.

Of course this means I will be baking lebkuchen for the rest of the week - what a pity :D

Chocolate sponge, and rock cakes. Builders are in!!

Blackcurrant jam(11lbs) due to sister's very large chest freezer conking out!!

Tayberry jam

Roast chicken and all the bits,

A veggie soup(clear out of the veg drawer)

I gave the builders the bowl to s"Ooops, word censored!"e, they were beside themselves :lol: Bless!!

Hope yours do better than mine. Made mincepies yesterday and there's none left. :oops:

Just made 'Kate's Swiss Roll', I've not made one before and it looks beautiful :angel: and some peppermint creams which I'll dip in chocolate when dry and wrap in pretty tissue paper.

Cranberry and pistachio biscuit dough is in the fridge, as is the dough for almond stars (I'd just finished making it when I read the words 'chill for 2 hours' :evil: so I'll be baking later after all. Some of these are going to be gifts tomorrow. Having fifteen minutes with a cup of tea, before making Nigella's cheesey feet - only I think I'll do star shapesinstead, they are to have with sherry on Christmas Day morning. And then the mince pies, most of this was meant to be done last weekend but things got in the way.

My baking was interrupted by an unscheduled Waitrose dash. No plain flour, no butter and no icing sugar - how on earth did I let that happen? :roll: