Lesley

What have you cooked today?

Last night I made 24 chocolate courgette muffins for the McMillan big coffee morning. I knew that i would be busy preparing for my ED's 18th party today, so I made tham last night and took them into the office today, so we had an extra day of coffee morning a day early. :D

I had made sure that I had enough cocoa and chocolate but I ran out of sugar so had to make them with half granulated and half soft brown sugar and if I do say so myself they were my best batch yet. Hopefully loads of money already in the collection box with more to come tomorrow from other bakers :D

A Madhur Jaffrey recipe, Beetroot & Onions, or Shorvedar Chukander to give it it's proper name. :D

It is a stew of beetroot, onions, spices and tomatoes and it is lovely, I have a bit of a love hate realtionship with beetroot, I find it too earthy and sweet really but know that it is very good for me. We grow some every year and apart from roasting a few chopped up with other mixed veg to have with meat, most of them end up being rotovated back into the ground :?

We are going to eat it tonight with a curry made from the lamb left over from the Sunday roast. :D

Well I've just had two days off to be with Rosie and do some cooking.

Rosie and I had lovely roast chicken tonight with all the trimmings 8):D We visited a friend the other day, they have some pasture and keep their own free range meat birds; asking if I wanted one to take home, we despatched them then sat down together to pluck and prep our birds. Fresh as anything and delicious.

Had also done some batch baking and made fish pies and two vanilla and chocolate marble cakes - my folks are meeting us in Stratford on Avon on Saturday (they are up that way visiting friends for the weekend) and I shall send them back with a cake.

Started to cook meals today so that I can re stock the freezer.

Big pan of Lentil and Carrot soup. Slow cooker filled to the brim with Spag Bol. Made a wholemeal loaf in the bread machine but it came out looking like crumbly wheetabix, had a bread failure last time as well. I think my panny bread machine is on its way out :wall:

Baking for the freezer tomorrow if the chickens decide to lay some eggs or else I will have to buy some :shock:

Not today, but on Saturday: 2 large ginger and pumpkin tea loaves with the remnants of the pumpkin from the freezer (I froze it raw and it was mushy when defrosted, so whizzed it in the blender and used it like that), the family love this cake!

Plus a large sticky toffee pudding with hot butterscotch sauce for our bonfire night get together :drool::drool::drool: