Lesley

What have you cooked today?

We had a lovely pork and parsnip cobbler for Sunday lunch yesterday, curtesy of Good Food website, my SIL made the same dish fr us over Christmas, but left out the fruit, so we thought that we would try it fully loaded and it was nice, but I would use water not lemon juice in the cobbler topping next time.

My OH made flapjacks from the Baking Made Easy book last night but they got overcooked 45 minutes does seem a very long time to cook flapjack, still tasty though, like caramel withoats in. :lol:

Rhubarb. 3kg prepped weight now made into crumbles, one for tea tonight the rest into the freezer and stewed Rhubarb also for the freezer. Another enormous Rhubarb plant to tackle tomorrow.

Philly Leek Risotto for tea, vegetables prepared for that.

A birthday cake for my DS who is 15 today. He requested this combination last year but I didn't have time to make it so he just got a victoria sponge with marzipan covering. This year when asked what kind of cake he wanted, he again said a sponge cake covered in marzipan with a battenburg cake sticking out of the centre. Well this year that is what he got with mini battenburgs sliced and stuck on around the main cake. Not the most manly of cakes but he was delighted when he saw it and told me that I was brilliant, quite brought a tear to my eye :D

He is a big soft nelly but I love him :lol:

Busy couple of cooking days :D I have a party in a few weeks, so am getting things ready and freezing. Yesterday it was 2 fruit cakes and 2 lemon drizzle cakes.

Today, it was a chicken arriabiata lasagne, a veggie lasagne and 2 chocolate courgette cakes.

Tomorrow it will be a beef lasagne, quiches and possibly some bread :D

Yummy!

You just reminded me that I cooked 2 lemon drizzle cakes yesterday - it's traditional at work to bring back something yummy from your hols. I don't 'do' souvenirs and besides, no-one ever likes what people bring back and it lingers in the kitchen at work, so I made two of their favourite cakes... gone in double quick time this morning :wink:

Yum - sounds great, pressure cookers are great for stews.

Coral Cushions - from a Sharwoods recipe booklet from years ago - it's like a curried quiche without the pastry. It's eaten cold, great for picnics.

..and a rhubarb crumble and 8 portions of gooseberry fool which I hope freezes well.....

Busy! :lol:

I defrosted a Guinness cake (Karina's recipe) which I made last week, iced it and we each had a slice for pudding.

Venison and pheasant burgers for lunch in home made baps with a salad, home made onion marmalade and local bacon for lunch.

Just about to make up some vegetable soup, Lesley's fruit cake recipe and a few other bits as well.

Sorry Lesley, I think of it as yours because I tasted it in your kitchen.

Talking of Fat Hen; I saw loads sprouting on our walk this afternoon, I have made a note of where they were so that I can go and get some when it's taller. Those seedlings of tree spinach that you gave me last year have come up again this spring; the hens and bunnies love it.

the other day we had a lovely dinner of local and seasonal produce! :D

the asparagus was from 'cherry orchard farm' near winsford, apparently they supply harvey nichols!

and the duck eggs were from a fellow omleteer, we swapped 7 of her duck eggs and home made cake for 2 dozen of our quail eggs.

the french bread came from the co-op reduced from 80p to 10p!!!!! :lol:

we passed quite a few farm shops while driving round the cheshire countryside that day and bought a few other bits and pieces....I love proper farm shops, you know, on real farms!

230980_10150250238956757_568396756_8673796_5076846_n.jpg