Lesley

What have you cooked today?

Oooh Lemon curd :drool: I don't make it often because I eat it straight from the jar :oops:

I've made Honey and Chilli Roast Root Veggies with a Herby Cream Sauce.

I also made a boiled fruit cake......set the timer but forgot to press Start........cooked it for 2 hours instead of 1 :roll: Luckily I'd covered it with paper as it was starting to go quite brown, it seems to be OK (and I don't eat it anyway :lol: )

choc banana cakes, victoria sponges, made pumpkin chutney, pumpkin marmalade, some onion marmaleade /relish stuff that caramalised and set like toffee apple(in the bin with it :( ). Today we had pikelets, and soda bread for tea, after roast lunch, so all are quiet and full!, and teenager IS going to do his homework.... now....... : :wall:

My veggie friend is coming around tonight so a spicy lentil soup is cooking as I type (has coconut milk, chillies and coriander in it), loaf of bread in the breadmaker for tomorrow. I will be making some homemade peshwari naans to go with the soup. Then making a brioche loaf for my mum.

Probably some kind of red fruit take on eve's pudding for supper. Made some Easiyo greek yoghurt last night to go with it

I made Quince Jelly and Hot Chilli Paste yesterday.

Then I found out of date dates and apricots ( :oops: ) so I made Delia's Christmas Chutney - ideal for me as it doesn't have any raisins or sultanas in it :D It is a bit salty if anyone else is thinking of making it.

I'm going to make Quince Wine with the mush left from making the jelly - I have a recipe for using the mush from making raspberry jelly, so I'll try that.

Well I bought a huge bag of passion fruit so I have made some passion fruit curd mmm made some spot sponges and sandwiched it - they were like Jaffa cake bases!! Which had given me ideas.

Just made some meringues ( never done them before) topped with some curd, vanilla ice cream

And some passion fruit mmm :-) the meringues were still chewy as they were just out of the oven! Plenty more to cool and set too :-)

Hummingbird Bakery's Banana loaf which has ginger and cinnamon in it so the smell of it baking is just scrummy.

I've got myself a Delia bag for the Christmas cake although we never, ever have Christmas cake in this house. Hubby has decided he likes fruit cake now so we're going to make it. :D

Hello everyone - never been on this part of the forum before today.

Today I made a pepperonata salad for the freezer (for boxing day) and a chocolate torte also for the freezer. The torte was interesting because the base was made of crushed walnuts and hazelnuts (unlike the usual crushed biscuits) set in melted butter. The torte mixture itself had LOADS of chocolate, 6 eggs and a tin of pureed chestnuts.....mmm. Looks like it will be very rich so I am hoping it will go a long way. Got my usual crowd of about twenty on boxing day.